|Violet Benson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1988|
Violet Benson is an American comedian and social media personality who is best known for her Instagram account titled Daddy Issues which has amassed more than 5.5 million followers. The account (started in July 2014) has been one of the fastest-growing accounts on the platform and one of the most well-followed accounts run by a female comedian. She also runs Twitter and Snapchat accounts with a similar title/handle. Her secondary, self-titled, Instagram account is quite popular as well, having garnered more than 700k followers. Besides running these accounts, she blogs, curates memes, creates original memes, creates funny videos, and hosts podcasts where she talks about the struggles of growing up in the 21st century.
The Instagram Meme Queen
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Violet had attended the El Camino Real Charter High School, an independent charter secondary school located in the Woodland Hills district of the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles.
After her high school graduation, she joined the California State University, Northridge, a public university in the Northridge neighborhood of Los Angeles. She had studied accounting and business law there and graduated at the age of 20.
Comedian, Social Media Personality
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
She has been represented by CAA (Creative Artists Agency), Talent & Sports Management Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair blue, purple, pink, silver, or platinum.
- Curvaceous figure
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Violet Benson Facts
- Violet, born in Saint Petersburg, Russia, moved with her family to the United States when she was about 14 years old. The family had moved to Los Angeles after winning the green card lottery (a United States government lottery program for receiving the country’s Permanent Resident Card). She had also briefly lived in Israel.
- She was voted class clown in high school, a harbinger of her future career as a comedian.
- After graduating from the California State University, Northridge, she pursued a career in accounting before becoming popular for her Daddy Issues Instagram account.
- Although that account was started in July 2014, she kept her identity a secret until August 2015 due to her lack of self-confidence. Her identity was revealed through an exclusive interview with MTV, the popular American cable TV channel. During this phase of secrecy, she used to work as a guest blogger for MTV.
- A few months later, she had been signed up by the renowned talent management firm Creative Artists Agency. Soon after this, she launched her website which included blogs, memes, videos, and an advice column.
- In 2017, she launched a clothing brand. Later that year, in collaboration with Facebook, she created a show called Top Five With Violet Benson.
- In 2018, she partnered with Awesomeness (a Los Angeles-based film and TV studio owned by Paramount Digital Studios, a division of Paramount Global) and created, wrote, and starred in a YouTube series titled How To Lose A Guy.
- In 2019, she started a weekly podcast titled Too Tired To Be Crazy which was based on themes of female empowerment and self-love. Its final episode, titled GOODBYE 2021, was aired in December 2021.
Featured Image by Violet Benson / Instagram