|Winona Oak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1994|
Winona Oak is a Swedish singer-songwriter who rose to fame after her collaboration with the electronic music project What So Not for the single Beautiful (2018), which won the AIR Independent Music Awards in July 2019 for being the “Best Independent Dance/Electronica/Club single”. She gained further recognition by getting featured in the anthemic hit single Hope (2018) on the studio album Sick Boy by the electronic DJ and production duo The Chainsmokers. Oak has released several EPs like Closure (2020) and numerous singles such as Don’t Save Me (2018), having made music videos for many of them including the latter.
Johanna Ewana Ekmark
She attended Moragymnasiet and graduated from there in 2013.
- Neon Gold Records
- Atlantic Records
- Disruptor Records
- Columbia Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Moles on her face
- Prominent cheekbones
Winona Oak Favorite Things
- Books – Just Kids by Patti Smith, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker having found its title to be as incredible as its super romantic and beautiful story
Source – Melodic Mag
Winona Oak Facts
- She has affirmed that she has connected well with her stage name Winona Oak, as her last name in Swedish means oak when translated, and she had grown up with a huge oak tree in her yard. Winona has loved the spiritual meaning of oaks that has focused on their healing property and how they have roots that are different from other trees, making them more capable of being hit by lightning. She was also always drawn to the name Winona and thought it would help to create something like a special persona.
- Winona began to write when she was very young having first written stories, particularly super dramatic ones. After finishing penning her manuscripts, she would compel her friends to play in her little movies and would make her father record them.
- She started to sing very early and began to write songs around the age of 9 when she started to play instruments like the piano. She has found herself to be a big art fan in general and has always used various kinds of creative outlets herself, having also enjoyed writing poetry.
- Winona has been convinced that the very first song she wrote must have been about horses as she used to be obsessed with stallions.
- She has disclosed that she used to do volting that consists of performing gymnastics on horseback, where tricks are done while standing up. She had pursued it for around 10 years, having enjoyed a wide variety of acrobatics like horse jumping and dressage.
- Winona has pointed out that growing up in Sweden in an unbridled, natural environment had a profound influence on her life and music, having helped her to always stay grounded, and have deep respect for nature. She has cherished simply going out and connecting with nature. While growing up, Winona was free to do whatever she wanted to, with no one ever trying to control her, and she would compare herself with nobody else but her own self.
Featured Image by Winona Oak / Instagram