|Tisha Campbell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1968|
Tisha Campbell is an American actress, comedian, singer, and dancer who is best known for her work in TV series such as Rags to Riches (1987–1988), Martin (1992-1997), and My Wife and Kids (2001–2005). She has also led a parallel music career and has released a solo studio album titled Tisha (1993), in addition to several standalone singles.
Tisha Michelle Campbell
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tisha had attended the Newark Arts High School in Newark, New Jersey, and the Washington Academy of Music in East Orange, New Jersey.
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Dancer
- Father – Clifton Campbell (Former Factory Worker, Singer)
- Mother – Mona (née Raye) Shockley (Former Nurse, Talent Manager, Gospel Singer, Vocal Coach)
- Siblings – Stanley Campbell (Brother), Tiara Campbell (Sister), Jermaine Campbell (Brother), Toya Campbell (Younger Sister). She has 2 other brothers.
- Others – Ellen Lindsey (Half-Sister)
R&B, Hip Hop
- Capitol Records
- EMI Group Limited
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tisha has dated –
- Duane Martin (1992–2018) – Tisha had started dating real estate agent and fellow actor Duane Martin in October 1992. They eventually got married on August 17, 1996, and have 2 sons together named Xen Martin (b. August 8, 2001) and Ezekiel Martin (b. 2009). In February 2018, Tisha had filed for divorce, after more than 2 decades of wedlock.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Petite frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
Tisha Campbell Facts
- She had made her first TV appearance when she was 6 years old when she was featured in an episode of the children’s TV program The Big Blue Marble. During her childhood and teenage years, she had participated in and won several talent shows and had also worked in quite a few other children’s TV programs including Kids Are People Too, Unicorn Tales, and Captain Kangaroo.
- In November 1996, she had walked out of the sitcom Martin, a show that she had been a part of since 1992, during the shooting of its final season. She had cited ‘intolerable working conditions’ as the reason behind her decision. 2 months later, she had filed a lawsuit against stand-up comedian and actor Martin Lawrence, who was starring as the titular character in the sitcom, alleging s*xual harassment and abuse both on the sets and off it as well. However, by April 1997, she had settled the suit and had even made an appearance in the last 2 episodes of the series.
- She has been a long-term member of the musical group Diva Simply Singing, which raises funds for AIDS-awareness projects.
- She had revealed in an interview that she had named her first son Xen with an ‘X’ because she and her then-husband were listening to rapper Xzibit while they were driving in for an ultrasound to check on the to-be-born baby’s well-being. They even felt that the baby was making Xzibit’s signature sign with his arms crossed in an X, in the ultrasound.
- She has suffered, for the longest time, from pulmonary sarcoidosis, an inflammatory disease that affects the central nervous system.
Featured Image by Tisha Campbell / Instagram