|Xander Berkeley Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1955|
Xander Berkeley is an American actor who has worked in several films, TV series, and TV movies in his storied career. He is best known for his portrayal of Sheriff Thomas McAllister/Red John in the crime drama TV series The Mentalist (2008–2013), George Mason in the action-drama TV series 24 (2001–2003), Percy Rose in the action-thriller TV series Nikita (2010-2012), and Gregory in the post-apocalyptic horror TV series The Walking Dead (2016–2018). He is also widely recognized for his acting in films such as Internal Affairs (1990), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), Apollo 13 (1995), Apollo 11 (1996), and Air Force One (1997).
Alexander Harper Berkeley
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Maine, United States
Xander, after his high school graduation, had attended the Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts. During his stint there, he worked in the theaters of the 5-college system which included Hampshire, Smith College, Mount Holyoke College, Amherst College, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Father – Peter Berkeley (Painter)
- Mother – Margaret Berkeley (Teacher)
- Others – Ernest Clarke (Father-in-Law) (Engineer), Carolyn Clarke (Mother-in-Law)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Xander has dated –
- Sarah Clarke (2001-Present) – Xander met fellow actor Sarah Clarke on the sets of the TV series 24 in 2001 and the two began dating soon after. They got married on September 7, 2002, and have 2 daughters together – Olwyn Harper Berkeley (b. September 23, 2006) and Rowan Berkeley (born March 30, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish and English descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Sports a thick beard
- Receding hairline
- Affable smile
Xander Berkeley Facts
- Born in Brooklyn, New York, Xander spent most of his childhood and teenage years in New Jersey after his family had relocated there.
- After he graduated from college, he moved to New York and worked in several regional and repertory theaters there in addition to some off-Broadway productions. While working for a play called Early Dark, he was spotted by a casting agent who encouraged him to move to Hollywood.
- He had portrayed the character of Waingro in the made-for-television film L.A. Takedown in 1989. When the film’s director Michael Mann decided to reproduce it on the big screen, he again decided to cast Xander, this time in the role of Breedan and Waingro was eventually played by Kevin Gage. The theatrical adaptation was titled Heat (1995), had starred Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, and Val Kilmer, and went on to become a critical and commercial success.
- Apart from his on-screen appearances, he has also lent his voice to several characters in animated TV series and movies such as Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Teen Titans, Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, and Son of Batman.
- In 2013, he won a Streamy Award in the category of ‘Best Male Performance, Drama’ for starring in the web-series, The Booth at the End.
- A versatile talent, Xander is also adept at painting and sculpting. He has also worked as a make-up artist.
Featured Image by Xander Berkeley / Instagram