|Yael Stone Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1985|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Yael Stone is an Australian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Lorna Morello in Orange Is the New Black, Peretta Jones in Childhood’s End, and Dora Lumley in Picnic at Hanging Rock. She has appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Spirited, High Maintenance, Deep Water, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, The Wilde Wedding, and many more. She is also known for being a vocal advocate for women’s issues and for her support of abortion rights and climate protection.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Yael shuttles between New York, Sydney, and Melbourne depending on her work schedule and projects in hand.
She completed her schooling at Balmain Public School. She went on to graduate from Newtown High School of the Performing Arts and the National Institute of Dramatic Art, in New South Wales, Australia.
- Father – Harry Stone (Architect)
- Mother – Judy Stone (Nurse)
- Siblings – Jake Stone (Older Brother) (Lead Singer of the Australian band Bluejuice), Elana Stone (Older Sister) (Musician)
Yael Stone is managed by –
- Shanahan Management Pty Ltd. (Australia)
- The Gersh Agency, Inc. (USA)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yael Stone has dated –
- Eamon Farren
- Dan Spielman (2012-2016) – Australian actor Dan married Yael in 2012, and the two resided in New York City. On July 6, 2017, Yael announced on her Twitter account that her marriage with Dan had ended over a year ago. The reasons for their fallout were unknown.
- Jack Manning Bancroft – AIME founder Jack Manning Bancroft started dating Yael and the couple announced that they were expecting their first child on November 23rd, 2017. They welcomed a baby girl named Pemau Stone Bancroft on May 30, 2018. They also have a 2nd child (b. December 2022).
Race / Ethnicity
Yael has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side and English ancestry on her mother’s side.
- High cheekbones
- She is often seen wearing red lipstick.
Yael has appeared in a commercial for LG.
Best Known For
- Essaying the role of Lorna Morello in Orange is the New Black (OITNB), a comedy-drama web television series on Netflix by Jenji Kohan.
- Her distinctive accent on the OITNB show, in spite of her Australian nationality.
Yael made her theatrical film debut as Stacy in the 1999 romantic comedy Me Myself I.
First TV Show
Yael made her television show debut in 2001 in the drama mini-series The Farm as Young Sam Cooper.
Yael practices yoga and is a certified yoga teacher to help with flexibility and overall health.
Yael Stone Favorite Things
- Podcasts – Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History, Dan Savage’s Lovecast, On the Media, This American Life
- Lipstick Color – Red
- Dessert – Lamingtons
Yael Stone Facts
- Yael was initially hired as a floating character in Orange is The New Black and later was made a series regular from season 3.
- She auditioned for her role in Orange is the New Black the next day after her wedding to ex-husband Dan Spielman in 2012 in New York. Yael initially auditioned for the role of Nicky Nichols which was eventually played by Natasha Lyonne.
- She co-founded a theater collective which promotes creative writing and ideas called The Cannery.
- Yael started learning Hebrew when she was 12 years old. Before her bat mitzvah, Yael confessed to her father that she does not feel a connection with God.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0