|Yalitza Aparicio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Yalitza Aparicio is a Mexican star who went from teaching at a pre-school to becoming an award-winning actress. She starred as Cleo in Alfonso Cuarón’s award-winning film Roma in 2018. Yalitza was lucky that she accompanied her sister to her casting session with the thought that her then-pregnant sister might end up being a victim to human trafficking. She has a huge fan base with more 300k followers on Instagram and 100k followers on Twitter.
Yalitza Aparicio Martínez
Heroica Ciudad de Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca, Mexico
Yalitza attained a degree in pre-school education.
- Siblings – Edith (Older Sister). She also has 2 younger siblings.
Yalitza is represented by Adriana Caballero from dosD3 PR Agency.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Mixtec ancestry on her father’s side and Triqui ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Oval face shape
- Buxom physique
Yalitza has done endorsement work for several brands including Gucci and Dior.
Best Known For
Winning several awards for her lead role as Cleo in Alfonso Cuarón‘s award-winning film Roma in 2018
Yalitza made her theatrical film debut as Cleo in Roma in 2018.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2018.
Yalitza Aparicio Facts
- She was born and raised in Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca.
- Yalitza belonged to a poor family and was raised alongside her siblings by her mother who earned a living as a maid.
- Her father left her and other 3 siblings when she was a teenager.
- In January 2019, she was featured on the cover of Vogue Mexico. She also became the first ever Mixtec Mexican to become the face of Vogue.
- Prior to her career as an actor, she worked as a teacher in a pre-school situated in Putla.
- Yalitza got the role of Cleo after she decided to accompany her pregnant sister who was to audition for the same role but freaked out when they got to the location. At that time, she also felt that they were being led into a human trafficking trap.
- Though she has won several awards for ‘Best Actress’, she had no training in acting.
- She didn’t know that a building such as the Empire State Building even existed until she watched the film King Kong (2005).
- In 2019, Yalitza was nominated for the Academy Award for “Best Actress”. This made her the first Indigenous American woman and the 2nd Mexican woman to be Oscar-nominated for “Best Actress”.
Featured Image by Yalitza Aparicio / Instagram