Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Ni studied television broadcasting and hosting at the Communication University of China.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ni Ni has dated –
- Feng Shaofeng (2012-2015) – Actor Feng Shaofeng and Ni Ni began dating in 2012. Feng made the announcement on his Weibo account stating that he had found the right person in Ni. They were in a relationship for around 3 years before announcing their split in May 2015. Their agents confirmed that the split was amicable and that they continue to remain friends. There were reports in the Chinese media that Feng had cheated on Ni as he was spotted dining with actress Jelly Lin when he was still with Ni.
- Jing Boran (2016-Present) – Ni began dating actor Jing Boran in March 2016. Their relationship came in the spotlight after she was seen visiting his house after a day of shooting. Soon enough, their respective representatives confirmed the dating rumors stating that their romance began around the Chinese Lunar New Year (February) in 2016. Earlier, the two had shared screen space together in the movie Up in the Wind in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Han ancestry.
A diamond-shaped face
Ni Ni has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Gucci Eyewear (2017)
- Tiffany & Co.
Best Known For
Portraying the character of Yu Mo in the Zhang Yimou directed film The Flowers of War at the age of 23. Although it was her debut film, she won accolades for her nuanced performance in the film.
Ni made her theatrical film debut playing the role of Yu Mo alongside Christian Bale in Zhang Yimou’s movie The Flowers of War in 2011.
First TV Show
Ni made her first television show appearance on the talk show Sidewalks Entertainment as a guest in January 2012.
Ni Ni Facts
- In 2013, Ni was chosen as one of the New Four Dan Actresses alongside Yang Mi, Liu Shishi, and Angelababy by the Southern Metropolis Daily.
- With her casting in The Flowers of War, Ni became the new ‘Mou Girl’ like Gong Li and Zhang Ziyi.
- She is a cat lover and owns a pet cat named Ma Ma who gets pictured frequently on her Instagram feed.
- In 2014, she starred in the box-office hit Fleet of Time with co-stars Eddie Peng, Zheng Kai, Vision Wei, and Zhang Zixuan.
- In 2015, she starred in the Chinese remake of the Hollywood movie Bride Wars which had Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway in lead roles. The Chinese version had Ni play the lead alongside Angelababy and Emmy award nominee Zhu Yawen.
- Ni worked in Suddenly Seventeen in 2016 which was directed by Zhang Yimou’s daughter. The same year, she was also a part of the Chinese-French fantasy blockbuster The Warriors Gate. The movie was written by Luc Besson and it received a tepid response.
- Her first television drama appearance was in the 2018 show The Rise of Phoenixes as Feng Zhiwei.
- Ni won the Best Newcomer Award at the 6th Asian Film Awards in 2012 for her work in the movie, The Flowers of War. She was also the recipient of the Best Actress Award at the 21st Shanghai Film Critics Awards in 2012.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Ni Ni / Instagram