Mena Alexandra Suvari
Mena A. Suvari
Newport, Rhode Island, United States
Mena Suvari was enrolled at the preparatory school, Ashley Hall in Charleston.
After moving to California, she went to the Providence High School in Burbank from where she graduated in 1997.
Actress, fashion designer, model
- Father – Ando Ivar Suvari (Psychiatrist)
- Mother – Candice Suvari (Nurse)
- Siblings – A.J. Suvari (Older Brother) (Works in U.S. Army), Yuri Suvari (Older Brother), Sulev Suvari (Older Brother)
Alchemy Entertainment represents Mena
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mena Suvari has dated –
- Robert Brinkmann (2000-2005) – After dating for a brief period, Mena Suvari got married to cinematographer Robert Brinkmann in a small ceremony in March 2000. At the time of the wedding, there was a huge controversy about the 17-year-age gap between them. In April 2005, Mena decided to file for legal separation for irreconcilable differences.
- Mike Carrasco (2005-2006) – After her divorce from Brinkmann, Mena moved on to professional breakdancer Mike Carrasco, whom she met in Los Angeles at the annual breakdancing competition, which was won by Mike’s Las Vegas-based crew. For their first date, they headed out to a sushi restaurant in upscale Los Angeles.
- Jamie Kennedy (2006) – In 2006, Suvari was reported to be dating comedian and actor Jamie Kennedy, after their picture holding hands while leaving a hotel was published by several gossip tabloids.
- Simone Sestito (2007-2011) – Mena met Simone Sestito, a promoter and concert producer in 2007 at the Toronto International Film Festival. Soon after, they started dating and got engaged in July 2008, while holidaying in Jamaica. They got married at a private chapel in Rome in June 2010. However, their relationship was on rocks about 16 months later as they both filed for divorce. Simone demanded $17,000 in monthly spousal support and it was complicated as they didn’t have a prenup. In May 2012, they finally reached an agreement outside the court.
- Salvador Sanchez (2012-2014) – In 2012, she started dating tattoo artist, Salvador Sanchez, who had worked at Kat Von D‘s High Voltage studio in Los Angeles. After she was spotted wearing a diamond ring in June 2014, it was reported that Mena Suvari was all set to walk the aisle for the third time.
- Michael Hope – Mena Suvari got married for the third time in 2018 which was a secret wedding with Michael Hope. The news of the secret wedding surfaced the tabloids in October 2018. In October 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. They welcomed a son named Christopher Alexander in April 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, Mena is of Estonian descent, whereas on her mother’s side, she has German, Greek, and English ancestry.
31.5-24-33 in or 80-61-84 cm
0 (US) or 32 (EU) or 4 (UK)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Mena was featured in print ads for Coach Leather (2000) and Lancome Paris Adaptive.
She has had a lucrative deal with the Lancome cosmetics.
Additionally, she has starred in TV commercials for Rice-A-Roni, Orange mobile network, and Continental Sauces.
Best Known For
- Her breakthrough role of Angela Hayes in the movie, American Beauty (1999).
- Being cast as Heather Graham in the famous s*x comedy, American Pie film series.
She made her first film appearance in 1997 psychological thriller Kiss the Girls for her role as Coty Pierce.
First TV Show
In 1995, Mena was first seen in the sitcom Boy Meets World for her role as Laura.
Mena Suvari relishes lifting weights in the gym according to workout planned by her trainer Daniella Frita, with whom she had been working since she met her on the sets of her movie in 2009. Suvari also likes to perform yoga and believes that the blend of two workout philosophies gives her balanced fitness rewards.
Since meeting nutritionist Feline Butcher, Mena has made her diet plan healthy and organic food-centric. She incorporates a variety of whole grains in her daily dietary intake and eats meat only if it is organic. She avoids certain varieties of fishes that are found to have mercuric content. Also, she doesn’t consume sugar, refrains from coffee and only once in a while indulges in a cup of tea.
Mena Suvari Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Bloodline, Girlfriends’ Guide To Divorce
- Singers – David Bowie, Patsy Cline, Chopin
- Book – Alice in Wonderland
- Writer – Edgar Allan Poe
Source – TheGuardian.com, DailyMail.co.uk
Mena Suvari Facts
- Mena auditioned unsuccessfully for the iconic role of Mary Jane in the Spider-Man (2002) movie.
- While growing up, she wanted to become an archaeologist and used to join her brothers in backyard digging excavations while looking for buried treasure.
- She has a huge tattoo of lion’s face on the back of her neck with words, ’Word Sound Power’ inscribed below it.
- Mena has been included by the Maxim magazine in the “Hot 100” list on three occasions (2005, 2007 and 2008).
- Mena has worked for the African relief group, the African Medical and Research Foundation for a long time.
- She has participated in the World Poker Tour event on numerous occasions with her winning proceeds going to Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- She has been very vocal about women empowerment issues and has supported campaigns such as “End Violence against Women.”
- She is the spokesperson for Circle of Friends group, which tours high schools in a bid to help students quit smoking.
- In July 2021, during an interview, Mena revealed that she was s*xually abused as a child. Mena revealed that she was first abused in the 6th grade by one of her older brothers’ friends and was later the victim of s*xual abuse throughout a 3-year relationship with a man, whom she met at the age of 17. After the abuse, Mena started using drugs such as Meth.