|Yasmine Akram Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1982|
Yasmine Akram is an Irish actress known for portraying the role of love interest of Sherlock Holmes in the British show, Sherlock. Her steamy kiss with Benedict Cumberbatch in the show even got her some hate mail. However, the lack of exposure shouldn’t be equated to a lack of quality work. She has delivered several acclaimed performances as a theatre actress and comedian. Her play 10 Dates with Mad Mary was highly rated by the critics and has been adopted for a movie as well.
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Yasmine Akram went to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and graduated with a degree in acting.
Actress, Comedian, Writer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Mona
- Siblings – Masooma Akram (Older Sister)
Yasmine Akram is represented by London-based United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yasmine Akram has kept her personal life away from the public platform, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
On her father’s side, she has Pakistani ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of Irish descent.
Yasmine Akram hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
She was raised in a Catholic household and later has had her first communions and confirmations.
Best Known For
- Being cast in a role opposite Benedict Cumberbatch in a couple of episodes of crime drama TV series, Sherlock
- Having played the role of Maria “Jonesy” Jones in the popular British sitcom, Lovesick
- Having served as a panelist in popular British shows such as Never Mind the Buzzcocks and BBC’s The News Quiz
In 2018, she made her theatrical film debut in an important role in the Irish drama movie, Metal Heart.
First TV Show
In 2004, Yasmine Akram made her first TV show appearance on the comedy-drama TV series, Love Is the Drug.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Yasmine Akram Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Yasmine Akram Facts
- After her parents decided to separate, she was raised by her mother. She was about 18 months old at the time of their separation.
- Although she was born in Sharjah, UAE, her family moved to Ireland when Yasmine was 18 months old.
- At the age of 14, she started collaborating with the Calipo Theatre and the Picture Company.
- After completing her acting studies from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, she started writing comedy sketches for Channel 4 and BBC.
- She has collaborated with English comedian Louise Ford to start a comedy duo called Ford and Akram. Amongst their accomplishments is their fine performance at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- In 2010, she wrote a play called 10 Dates with Mad Mary. The play was later adapted for a feature film titled A Date for Mad Mary. She had written the play while she was spending time with her mother in Drogheda. She had completed her acting course and felt overwhelmed and directionless. So, she spent 8 months on her mother’s couch to work things out.
- She doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Yasmine Akram / Instagram