|Ysa Penarejo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 2000|
Ysa Penarejo is a Filipino–American actress, model, dancer, and songwriter who burst into the limelight after playing the role of Toulane Thomas in the family drama film McKenna Shoots for the Stars (2012). She gained further popularity by appearing in several other movies including The Secret Lives of Cheerleaders (2019) and by starring in many TV programs such as the Emmy-nominated Netflix show Project Mc2 (2015-2017) where she essayed the character of Camryn Coyle. Penarejo has also released a number of songs like the popular iTunes single Like Not Love (2012).
San Diego, California, United States
Actress, Model, Dancer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Reese Penarejo (Twin Sister)
She has been represented by –
- Primary Wave Entertainment
- Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
She is of Filipino and American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
She has appeared in the commercials for numerous brands such as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Sears, and Midas.
Ysa Penarejo Favorite Things
- Part Of Being In The Show Business – Scope to portray a wide range of characters, Traveling
- Pastime – Hanging out with her friends or going to the movies or doing shopping with them
- Book Series – Hunger Games, Kiki Strike
- Holiday Destination – Disneyland having loved going on the rides and having fun with her family there
Source – That’s It LA
Ysa Penarejo Facts
- She started taking lessons in jazz, lyrical, ballet as well as contemporary dance at the age of 4.
- She was a quiet and shy child while growing up.
- Ysa has been allergic to dogs and cats, yet she has loved the idea of having a pet dog.
- She has recalled that she had started auditioning for commercials at the age of 8, having booked her first audition with the girls’ jewelry line Lucky Bee Bee. After working on advertisements, she had craved to audition for television and film that had resulted in her getting enrolled in acting classes when she turned 9 years old. It was after a handful of screen tests that she auditioned for the film McKenna Shoots for the Stars.
- The first time Ysa had ever dyed her hair was for the TV program Project Mc2.
- She has enjoyed collecting American Girl dolls having owned many from the range including “McKenna”, “Julie”, “Ivy” and a “Just Like Me” doll.
- When working on McKenna Shoots for the Stars, she had to learn floor routines.
- If she got the opportunity to pick any other profession, she would also have liked to be a dancer or a painter.
- Ysa has disclosed how her family has spent Christmas together in Bakersfield and that it has been a lot of fun as there are many members in her family.
- She has advised her young fans who have wanted to follow in her footsteps to be always prepared and to do their very best, and after an audition, to simply forget about it. They should never take it personally and never ever give up, knowing that there is plenty of work out there for everyone.
- She is sensitive to peanuts.
- She has turned to vegetarianism.
Featured Image by Ysa Penarejo / Instagram