|Yulia Lipnitskaya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1998|
Yulia Lipnitskaya is a Russian former competitive figure skater who had won the 2014 European Figure Skating Championships, the 2013 GP Skate Canada International event, the 2013 GP Rostelecom Cup, the inaugural edition of the Cup of Tyrol event in 2016, and the Finlandia Trophy (2012, 2013). She had also finished as a runner-up at the 2014 World Figure Skating Championships, the Russian Figure Skating Championships (2012, 2014), the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final event in the 2013-14 season, the GP Internationaux de France event (2014, 2015), the GP Cup of China (2012, 2014), the CS Finlandia Trophy (2015), and the 2016 CS Ondrej Nepela Trophy. During her standout seasons (2013–14, 2014–15) at the senior level, she was ranked as high as number 3 in the world in the official singles rankings issued by the International Skating Union (ISU). She had started competing at the senior level after a stellar, breakout 2011-12 season at the junior level where she had won the 2012 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, the Russian Junior Figure Skating Championships (2011-12), the ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) Final (2011-12), the 2011 ISU JGP Italy, and the 2011 ISU JGP Poland. She had also finished 2nd at the 2013 World Junior Figure Skating Championships. At the team level, representing Russia, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics. In September 2017, at the age of just 19, she had retired from the sport following a physical battle with anorexia in addition to complications with ligaments of her legs and hip joints. Post-retirement, she has coached at the Academy Ilinykh-Lipnitskaya alongside Russian ice dancer Elena Ilinykh.
Yulia Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya
Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
Figure Skater (Retired)
- Father – Slava Vyacheslav
- Mother – Daniela Leonidovna Lipnitskaya
- Others – Evgenia Koklova (Grandmother)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yulia has dated –
- Vladislav Tarasenko (2015–Present) – Yulia began dating fellow Russian skater Vladislav Tarasenko in 2015. They have a daughter together named Catalina (b. June 27, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Cryptic smile
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
Yulia has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant, Adidas.
Yulia Lipnitskaya Facts
- Yulia’s father was drafted into the Russian army while her mother was pregnant with her and he decided not to return to the family after that. She was then raised by her mother who gave her surname, Lipnitskaya, to Yulia.
- She started getting trained in figure skating in 2002, at the age of 4, after her mother managed to persuade renowned coach Elena Levkovets to include Yulia in her academy. In 2009, they relocated to Moscow to avail of better training and practice facilities in the national capital.
- In 2014, she had become the youngest female singles skater at the European Figure Skating Championships and the youngest Russian athlete to win a gold medal at the Winter Olympics.
- In March 2012, at the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, she had set the then world record at the junior ladies’ level for both the free skate score (123.96 points) as well as the total score (187.05 points).
- She was featured on the cover of the May 2014 edition of Elle Girl Russia.
Featured Image by Yulia Lipnitskaya / Instagram