|Yuri (Kwon Yu-ri) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1989|
Yuri is a South Korean singer and actress best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation. Apart from the group, she has also produced solo music like her EP, The First Scene, which peaked at number 2 on Korean and Chinese music charts and at number 10 on the US Billboard chart. She has amassed more than 6 million followers on Instagram.
Yuri, Black Pearl, Cola
Deogyang-gu, Goyang, South Korea
Yuri attended the Neunggok High School and graduated in 2008. She further went on to study at Chung-Ang University where she got her degree in Theater and Film.
Singer, Lyricist, Actress
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kwon Hyuk-joon (Older Brother)
Yuri is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, EDM, R&B
- SM Entertainment
- EMI Japan
- Interscope Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yuri has dated –
- Oh Seung-hwan (2014-2015) – Yuri first met baseball player Oh Seung-hwan in late 2014 when he was staying in South Korea. The news of their relationship was confirmed by SM Entertainment in April 2015 and the two were seen going out on several dates. They, however, parted ways in October 2015. The reason behind their breakup was said to be the long distance and their busy schedules.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘light brown’.
Most well-maintained body among the members of Girls’ Generation
Yuri has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
- Urban Decay
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation
- Her lead single Into You which peaked at number 22 on the US Billboard chart
- Her first EP titled The First Scene which peaked at number 2 on the Korean and Chinese music charts and at number 10 on the US Billboard chart
Yuri released her first studio album titled Girls’ Generation along with the group Girls’ Generation in November 2007.
As a solo artist, she released her first EP titled The First Scene in October 2018.
She made her theatrical film debut in Attack on the Pin-Up Boys in 2007.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the South Korean comedy-variety show Unstoppable Marriage in 2007.
Yuri is known for her athletic body. As per an interview, she claimed that she used to work out on a regular basis in the past.
Yuri Favorite Things
- Sport – Yoga
Source – IMDb
- In 2001, Yuri stood 2nd in the SM Youth Best Dancer Contest after which she auditioned for the SM Entertainment Casting System and was cast by the company.
- She was a trainee with them for almost 5 years and 11 months before her official debut.
- She along with her groupmate Sooyoung went to the same university and were appointed as the ambassadors of the Chung-Ang University on May 20, 2014.
- On her graduation day in February 2016, she was also presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award as “Honorary Ambassador of the school”.
- She made her official debut with the group Girls’ Generation in August 2007.
- She has revealed that she is the one who is the slowest in learning new moves and does the most mistakes in the choreography.
- Yuri is a trained ballerina.
- She is a foodie and she expresses her love for food by posting several pictures on her social media.
- Visit her official website @ yuri.smtown.com.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by SparkleS805 / Tistory / CC BY-4.0