|Paty Cantú Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1983|
Paty Cantú is a Mexican singer, songwriter, and actress who had first come into the spotlight as one of the founding members of the successful Mexican pop group Lu. Once the group had broken up in 2007, she had embarked on a solo career and has released the solo studio albums Me Quedo Sola (January 2009), Afortunadamente No Eres Tú (August 2010), and Corazón Bipolar (November 2012). All of those albums had peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the Mexican music charts and the last of those albums had peaked at number 1. It had also been certified ‘Gold’ by Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas (AMPROFON), a trade association of phonographic companies that represent more than 70 percent of the market in Mexico. Besides that, she has released a live album titled Drama Queen En Vivo (March 2014) and a compilation album titled #333 (May 2018). Both of those albums had been certified ‘Gold’ by AMPROFON. She has recorded several chart-busting singles as well, many of them peaking within the ‘Top 10’ of the Mexican music charts. Her singles Valiente (2015) and Natural (2018) had been certified ‘Platinum’ by AMPROFON.
Patricia Giovanna Cantú Velasco
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
She splits her time between Texas, United States, and Jalisco, Mexico.
Paty, after her high school graduation, had joined a law school. She had dropped out, however, to pursue a career in music.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Luis Armando Cantú
- Mother – Mercedes Cantú
Rock, Pop, Latin Pop
- Capitol Latin
- EMI Group Limited
- Universal Music Mexico
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paty has dated –
- Salvador Zerboni (2009–2010)
- Juanpa Zurita (2021) – Rumor
- Christian Vazquez (2021-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mexican descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Has the image of a ‘honeybee’ tattooed on her right wrist
Paty Cantú Facts
- Paty, from a young age, was drawn towards the art of entertaining an audience. She had started taking bass and guitar lessons when she was 16 years old.
- In August 2009, it had been revealed that she would be participating in the production of the soundtrack of the movie Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure.
- At the 2009 Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica awards, she had been nominated in 2 categories. Later that year, she had received 2 nominations at Premios Oye!, for ‘Breakthrough of the Year’ and ‘Best Female Solo’.
- Her 2010 song, titled Afortunadamente no eres tu, had become widely popular throughout Mexico and within the Hispanic community in the United States. The song was later used in a MasterCard commercial.
- She had been featured in a single titled The World is Ours that was used by Coca-Cola to promote the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- In April 2020, she had participated in the production of a charity single for the people of Mexico. It was titled Resistiré México and was a remake of the 1988 hit song Resistiré. All the revenue generated from the song was used in relief efforts that were dealing with the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic in Mexico.
Featured Image by Paty Cantú / Instagram