|Patrick Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1973|
Patrick Wilson is an American actor and singer whose career started with stage productions and he has since been cast in roles like Jamie Conway in Bright Lights, Big City, Jerry Lukowski in The Full Monty, Curly McLain in Oklahoma!, Chris Keller in All My Sons, and Billy Bigelow in Carousel. In addition to that, he is also known for having been cast in shows and movies like The Phantom of the Opera, Little Children, Insidious, The Conjuring, Aquaman, Midway, Angels in America, A Gifted Man, Fargo, Girls, andThe A-Team.
Patrick Joseph Wilson
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Montclair, New Jersey, United States
Patrick studied at the Shorecrest Preparatory School in St. Petersburg, Florida.
In 1995, the actor completed his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Patrick Wilson was awarded an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts from Trinity College that is located in Hartford, Connecticut.
Actor, Singer, Film Producer
- Father – John Franklin Wilson (Retired News Anchor for WTVT in Tampa, Florida)
- Mother – Mary Kay Wilson (Voice Teacher, Professional Singer)
- Siblings – Mark Wilson (Older Brother) (News Anchor for WTVT), Paul Wilson (Older Brother) (Advertising Executive)
- Others – Paul Jefferson Wilson (Paternal Grandfather), Carol Elizabeth Williams (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Stringfellow Burton (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Kathryn McCarrell (Maternal Grandmother), Marika Domińczyk (Sister-In-Law), Scott Foley (Brother-In-Law) (Actor)
He is managed by –
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United Staes
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Patrick Wilson has dated –
- Betty Buckley – Patrick Wilson and American actress Betty Buckley were RUMORed to be dating in the past.
- Christa Denton (1995) – He dated actress Christa Denton for a short time in 1995.
- Holly C (1996-1999) – Wilson and Holly C were in a relationship from February 1996 to October 1999.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (2001-2002) – Patrick was in a relationship with actress Jennifer Love Hewitt from April 2001 to July 2002.
- Scarlett Johansson (2004) – He was RUMORed to be dating American actress Scarlett Johansson in 2004.
- Dagmara Domińczyk (2004-Present) – Wilson tied the knot with Polish-American actress Dagmara Domińczyk on June 18, 2005, after starting dating in July 2004. The couple has two sons – Kalin Patrick Wilson (b. June 23, 2006) and Kassian McCarrell Wilson (b. August 9, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, Scots-Irish, German, and Welsh ancestry.
- His cool demeanor
- His humble nature
In March 2007, he was seen in a commercial for GAP titled Anything You Can Do along with Claire Danes.
Best Known For
- Film appearances like The Phantom of the Opera (2004), Little Children (2006), Watchmen (2009), Insidious film series (2010, 2013), The Conjuring film series (2013, 2016)
- Some of his notable television works include CBS series A Gifted Man (2011–2012), and his character Lou Solverson in the second season of Fargo (2015).
Patrick made his debut in films with the war film The Alamo (2004) in which he portrayed the role of William B. Travis.
First TV Show
His debut appearance on television was in 2003 with HBO miniseries Angels in America. He made a small appearance in six episodes of the series as Joe Pitt and his performance got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”, Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”, and “Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie”.
First Stage Performance
Patrick made his stage debut with Miss Saigon in 1995 for his role as Chris. He was an understudy.
As a Singer
Patrick never took formal training in singing and it comes naturally to him. He performed as a soloist with the Mostly Pops Orchestra and Canton Symphony Orchestra.
In 2001, he sang My Fair Lady’s On the Street Where You Live when Julie Andrews was awarded the Kennedy Center Honors. He was also a part of the soundtrack The Phantom of the Opera (2004) along with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum.
He sang Passion’s Loving You as a duet with Barbra Streisand which is a part of the album Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway released in August 2016.
Patrick Wilson Favorite Things
- Actor – Tom Hanks
- Sports – Baseball
- Baseball Team – New York Yankees
- Playwright – Tennessee Williams
- Drink – Caramel moonshine
Source – IMDb.com, BroadwayWorld.com, Elle.com
Patrick Wilson Facts
- Patrick was brought up in Petersburg, Florida.
- While a student at Carnegie Mellon University, he received the Charles Willard Memorial Award for Undergraduate Excellence in Music Theatre.
- On May 22, 2011, Patrick was the Commencement Speaker at the Dublin-based Trinity College’s 185th Commencement Exercise.
- Patrick shared his childhood and career memories during a keynote address that he delivered at the Carnegie Mellon University in May 2012.
- The actor along with his brothers Mark and Paul did a benefit concert in Petersburg for Southeastern Guide Dogs’ “Paws for Patriots” program on May 26, 2012. The concert helped raise $30,000 and the organization honored them by naming puppies after them.
- Patrick and his brothers have performed various other benefit concerts for organizations such as the All Children’s Hospital and the St. Petersburg Free Clinic.
- His wife Dagmara Domińczyk is also a 1998 graduate of his alma mater Carnegie Mellon University.
- He is a huge fan of the New York Yankees.
- Patrick named his horse Frodo after getting inspired by the film The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).
- He is a trampoline master.
- Patrick made his directorial debut with the movie Insidious 5. He also acted in the movie.
- He has shared a friendly bond with Vera Farmiga.
- In 2009, he provided vocals to the character of Nite Owl II in the video game Watchmen: The End Is Nigh.
- In December 2020, Patrick and his wife welcomed a puppy named Mr. Eddie Van Wilson to their family.