|Yuri Lowenthal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1971|
Yuri Lowenthal is an American actor, producer, and screenwriter. He is best known for doing voice-over work in animations, anime, and video games. Some of his most famous characters include Sasuke Uchiha in the famous Japanese manga series Naruto, Ben Tennyson in Ben 10, Jinnosuke in Afro Samurai, Simon in Gurren Lagann, and Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass. In video games, he has provided the voice of The Prince in Ubisoft‘s Prince of Persia, Alucard in Castlevania, Hayate/Ein in Dead or Alive, Matt Miller in Saints Row, the Protagonist in Persona 3, Yosuke Hanamura in Persona 4, Marth in Fire Emblem, and Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Insomniac’s Spider-Man.
Jimmy Benedict, Yello Lollicup, Sean Roberts, Sean the Don
Alliance, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Yuri Lowenthal took theatre classes from The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia but his major was in East Asian studies and for his 3rd year, he decided to study abroad in Osaka, Japan.
Voice Actor, Producer, Actor, Screenwriter
Yuri is represented by Abrams Artists Agency.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yuri has dated –
- Tara Platt (2001-Present) – He first met Tara Platt, an actress, on a New York University grad film. They played love interests in a romantic comedy film called Model Chaser and began dating in 2001. After 6 months of dating, Tara moved to Los Angeles for the new TV shows’ auditions after which Yuri had originally planned to fly back but later he decided to propose to her midway of the trip, in Bowling Green, Ohio and the couple tied the knot in Las Vegas in 2002. The couple is proud parents to a boy named Sagan Carter Lowenthal (b. 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Lending his voice in animations, anime, and video games including Sasuke Uchiha in the famous Japanese manga series Naruto, Ben Tennyson in Ben 10, Jinnosuke in Afro Samurai, Simon in Gurren Lagann, Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass, The Prince in Ubisoft’s Prince of Persia, Alucard in Castlevania, Hayate/Ein in Dead or Alive, Matt Miller in Saints Row, the protagonist in Persona 3, Yosuke Hanamura in Persona 4, Marth in Fire Emblem and Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Insomniac’s Spider-Man
He made his feature film debut as ‘The Soldier’ in Midnight Days in 2001.
As a voice actor, he made his feature film debut in Attack the Gas Station! in 1999.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Vovichka in Viva Variety in 1997.
As a voice actor, he made his first TV show appearance in Japanese anime television series Superior Defender Gundam Force as Bakunetsumaru in 2004.
Yuri Lowenthal Facts
- He did not participate in acting until the end of the high school but in his senior year, he tried out for drama class and that made him interested in acting.
- Some of his anime inspirations came from shows such as Speed Racer, Star Blazers, and Battle of the Planets.
- Yuri was a gymnast during his school days and also took part in the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC).
- He became a part of the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (JET) where he acted as a Coordinator of International Relations and helped out foreign English teachers in Shiga Prefecture. While working at JET, he continued to participate in theatre and acting.
- After shifting to Los Angeles, he worked in live-action and theatre roles. There he got his first-ever anime dub role in a show called SD Gundam Force and soon tried out for other anime roles as well as other voice-over work in animation, commercials, and video games.
- He got his first major break in video game Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time where he did the voice over for the prince.
- He co-authored the books, Voice-Over Voice Actor: What it’s like behind the mic (2010), Tough City (2013), and Voice-Over Voice Actor: the extended edition (2018).
- In 2006, he lent his voice to a character of superman in the animated series Legio Of Superheros. In an interview, he revealed that he originally auditioned for Lightning Lad and Brainiac5 but was later called to play Superman.
- Some of the famous characters that he has provided vocals for including Young Ben Tennyson in Ben 10, Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto, The Prince in Ubisoft’s Prince of Persia, and Peter Parker in Spiderman.
- Visit his official website @ yurilowenthal.com.
- Follow Yuri Lowenthal on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0