|Zoltan Bathory Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|May 15, 1978
Zoltan Bathory is a Hungarian-born American musician as well as a martial artist who gained recognition as the founder, rhythm guitarist, and one of the lyricists for the Las Vegas-based hugely successful heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch. He has won several awards including the Metal Hammer Golden Gods Award in 2010 for being the “Best Shredder”.
Szentendre, Pest County, Hungary
Las Vegas, United States
Musician, Songwriter, Record Producer, Martial Artist, Monster Truck Driver
He is represented by Allen Kovac.
Heavy Metal, Groove Metal, Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Post-Grunge
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Heather Gracie – He has been in a relationship with the Las Vegas DJ Heather Gracie.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Hungarian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Dread braids hairstyle
Zoltan Bathory Favorite Things
- Fascinated With – Bandmate Ivan Moody‘s non-stop lyric-writing and showing up in the studio with a huge number of words jotted down on napkins, notepads, and even on old pizza boxes
- Idea Of Unwinding – Sitting in the jacuzzi, Warming up near the fire while having hot apple cider and loads of tacos
Zoltan Bathory Facts
- When he was a teenager, he had come to America from Hungary with only 1 guitar, a bag of clothes, and a Hungarian-English dictionary using which he learned to speak English by translating The Shawshank Redemption word by word. He watched television with closed captions on and tried to recognize words and get familiar with their pronunciations. He has revealed that he learned the English language mainly through reading books and that he had translated Shawshank many times before he truly understood it.
- Before gaining stardom, he used to play bass for a Los Angeles-based alternative/grunge band named U.P.O. from 2004 to 2005.
- In 2009, the guitar manufacturer B.C. Rich started to sell 3 Zoltan Bathory-model guitars.
- Zoltan has been a founding board member of the nonprofit Home Deployment Project in Las Vegas that strives to help homeless veterans.
- In his private life, he is a martial artist and his areas of expertise are judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He has appeared in martial arts magazines several times. He has also practiced Wing Chun Kung-Fu.
Featured Image by Stephen Jensen F3 Studios / The Firm (Prospect Park Management) / Public Domain