EE, Ella’s Hair
London, England, United Kingdom
Eyre attended Millfield School in Somerset. To study musical theater, she went to the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in Selhurst, Croydon.
She got scholarship to Millfield school due to her swimming ability.
- Father – Chef
- Mother – Fashion Designer
- Siblings – Unknown
Her career is managed by –
R&B, pop, neo soul
Virgin EMI Records
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Ella Eyre dated –
- Lewi Morgan (2015-Present) – Since 2015, she is dating Rixton’s drummer, Lewi Morgan. They were clicked together at London Spring / Summer Fashion Week 2016 on September 18, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Afro-Jamaican, British, and Maltese ancestry.
As her hair are big and curly, she does not wash them quite often. It’s like once a week.
- Curly hair
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Ella was announced as the face of Emporio Armani Diamonds in April 2015, replacing Beyonce.
She has appeared in the TV commercial on Downy Fabric Softener’s Rip Your Clothes On campaign.
Other partnerships (not endorsements) include with brands like Sure, Bose, and ASOS.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Her contribution in the super hit 2013 single “Waiting All Night” by electronic music band Rudimental.
In 2015, she again contributed in the track “Gravity” by drum and bass producer, DJ Fresh.
On August 28, 2015, Ella released her debut studio album Feline via Virgin EMI records. It peaked at #4 in UK, #35 in Belgium, and #6 in Scotland’s music charts.
The standard version of the album contains 14 tracks.
In 2015, Ella appeared in a hour long TV movie Hacker’s Birthday Bash: 30 Years of Children’s BBC where she appeared as herself.
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared in Sunday Brunch as herself – guest in the 117th episode of season 1.
Later, in 2015, she appeared in around half a dozen episodes of TV mini-series Radio 1’s Big Weekend Norwich 2015 where she performed and gave interviews.
She definitely works out to maintain her figure. As her hair are big, she uses scrunchies to tie them and then hair band to keep her hair off the face. Her exact workout is not known. But, via Twitter, in February 2014, she told her fans about the intense workout, she had.
Ella Eyre Favorite Things
- Song from her own Album – Home
- Album – S&M album
- Lip Color – Bobbi Brown ‘Jenna’
- Foundation (Makeup Item) Brand – MAC
Source – TimeOut, Vice, Cosmopolitan
Ella Eyre Facts
- During MOBO Awards 2014, Ella won the Best Newcomer award.
- Ella was born in London, but grew up in Ealing, West London. She was raised mainly by her mom.
- For the track, “Think About It,” she joined hands with Wiz Khalifa and Naughty Boy.
- From young age, Ella was encouraged to become a competitive swimmer by her mother.
- She was discovered in 2011 via vocal coach by Tileyard Music and Authority Management.
- In July 2012, she signed deal with music publisher Warner / Chappell Music.
- She started songwriting at the age of 17.
- During her teenage years, she has worked as a waitress part-time to pay her ballet and dance fees.
- Ella cites Basement Jaxx, Etta James, Hans Zimmer, and Lauryn Hill as her musical influences.
- Her curly hair also has a dedicated Twitter account. It’s fan based account and even Ella was surprised to see the pictures of her curls on the account.
- When she started songwriting, she used to utter the word “motherf*cker” a lot of times, and even her song “Come Back” has this word in it. She has reduced the usage of this word now.
- Rudimental boys calls her by the name “Ella’s Hair.”
- She was conceived in Jamaica. Her father’s family lives there.
- Ella doesn’t put heavy makeup on eyes as it gives her masculine look.
- She once ran away from her boarding school on a working Saturday with her friends to get drunk. They were caught by the local police and all were escorted back to the school.
- Visit her official website @ www.ellaeyre.com.
- Connect with Ella Eyre on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, SoundCloud, and YouTube VEVO.