Gerard Arthur Way
Gee, Uncle Jiggy
Summit, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gerard graduated from Belleville High School in Essex County, New Jersey in 1995.
In 1999, he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from School of Visual Arts in New York City.
Singer-songwriter, record producer, musician, comic book writer
- Father – Donald Way
- Mother – Donna Lee (née Rush)
- Siblings – Mikey Way (Younger Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Elena Lee Rush (Maternal Grandmother), Joe Rogan (Maternal Cousin) (Comedian, Actor)
Warner Bros Records
Alternative rock, post-hardcore, pop punk, emo
Vocals, rhythm guitar, piano
Reprise, Warner Bros., Eyeball Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gerard Way dated –
- Eliza Cuts (2006-2007) – From November 2006 to June 2007, Eliza Cuts and Gerard dated each other.
- Lyn-Z Way (2007-Present) – Scottish musician Lindsey Ann Way (aka Lyn-Z) and Gerard started dating in June 2007. On September 3, 2007, they got married. She has served as the bassist of the band Mindless Self Indulgence. The couple welcomed their first child, daughter Bandit Lee Way on May 27, 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Gerard Way has Italian ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of Scottish descent on his father’s side.
He naturally has “Dark Brown” hair.
But likes to dye his hair to other colors.
- Supports different hair colors
Gerard Way’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
10 (US) (via Twitter)
He has not endorsed any of the brands until now.
He was raised Catholic.
But, as an adult, he has not shown much interested in the faith.
Best Known For
Working as a lead vocalist (and rhythm guitarist and pianist) with the My Chemical Romance from 2001 to 2013.
As a member of My Chemical Romance, his debut album was I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love released on July 23, 2002 via Eyeball Records. It was certified as ‘Gold’ in UK.
As a solo artist, his first album was Hesitant Alien released in September 2014 via Warner Bros., and Reprise Records.
In 2008, Gerard appeared in the 2008 short fantasy animated film X-Mess Detritus as a narrator.
First TV Show
He first appeared in the show Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2010 in just one episode as a writer and singer.
It is not known what diet he eats and what all exercises he does to stop himself from going out to shape.
Gerard Way Favorite Things
- Pen – Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen
- Cereal – Honey Nut Cheerios
- Actor – Evan Peters
- Favorite Song from Hesitant Alien Album – No Shows
- Favorite Morrissey Song – Boxers
- Historical Period – 60s
- Movie – The Fisher King (1991)
- Favorite Hair Color he has ever Supported – Simple Bleach Blonde
- Tea – PG Tips
- Comic Shop – Secret Headquarters in Los Angeles, United States
Source – Twitter, Reddit AMA
Gerard Way Facts
- While Gerard was in 4th grade, he first showed his singing skills in public.
- He was motivated to sing and perform from a young age by his maternal grandmother.
- Band Bon Jovi had a big influence on his musical skills while growing up.
- At the age of 8, he got his first guitar from his grandma.
- He did an internship in Cartoon Network in 2001.
- Growing up, he wanted to be a guitarist.
- In his career, he has been a part of several short-lived bands like Ray Gun Jones, Nancy Drew, etc.
- At 15, he was held at gunpoint.
- He is allergic to cats.
- He would like Evan Peters to play his character in the movie version of his life.
- He wrote his first comic book series On Raven’s Wings in 1993.
- From 2001 to 2013, he was a part of the rock band “My Chemical Romance”. Gerard founded the band in 2001 which disbanded in 2013.
- He has a pet dog named, Susan and 2 cats, Jupiter and Mitch.
- In the past, he has battled with alcoholism, depression and prescription drug addiction.
- Diet coke is his go-to drink while on a flight.
- People often used to call him a girl in his teenage years and early adult years.
- He is afraid of needles.
- Visit his official website @ www.gerardway.com.
- Hear more from Gerard on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.