|Billie Joe Armstrong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1972|
Billie Joe Armstrong is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, musician, multi-instrumentalist, and actor who is best known as the lead vocalist, primary songwriter, and lead guitarist of the rock band Green Day. In addition to that, he has also worked with other bands and side projects like Pinhead Gunpowder, Foxboro Hot Tubs, The Network, The Longshot, and The Coverups.
Billie Joe Armstrong
Wilhelm Fink, BJ, Billie, The Reverend Strychnine Twitch, The Rev, Fink, Reverend Strychnine Twitch
Oakland, California, United States
Armstrong attended Hillcrest Elementary School in Rodeo. He subsequently went to Carquinez Middle School and John Swett High School in Crockett.
He finally went to Pinole Valley High School in Pinole but dropped out on his 18th birthday on February 17, 1990, to focus fully on his music career.
Singer, songwriter, musician, guitarist, multi-instrumentalist, actor
- Father – Andrew “Andy” Armstrong (Was a jazz musician and truck driver for Safeway Inc.)
- Mother – Ollie Jackson (Worked at Rod’s Hickory Pit restaurant in El Cerrito)
- Siblings – David Armstrong (Older Brother), Alan Armstrong (Older Brother), Marci Armstrong (Older Sister), Hollie Armstrong (Older Sister), Anna Armstrong (Older Sister)
- Others – David Banks Armstrong (Paternal Grandfather), Frances Myrtle Marsicano (Paternal Grandmother), Jay William Jesse Jackson (Maternal Grandfather), Alta May Hastings (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed to Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
Punk rock, pop-punk, alternative rock
Vocals, bass, drums, guitar, piano, percussion, saxophone, harmonica, mandolin, violin
Reprise, Lookout!, Adeline, Recess Records
His net worth had been $75 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billie Joe Armstrong has dated –
- Arica Pelino (1988-1991) – He was romantically involved with Arica Pelino between the years 1988 and 1991. They first met at 924 Gilman Street on his 16th birthday and she became known as the “first official Green Day fan” as she listened to the first 4-track recordings by Armstrong and Sean Hughes, encouraging the band, touring with them, and acting as an occasional photographer for them. She inspired many of Green Day‘s songs including Christie Road and Welcome to Paradise and would often stay with Armstrong in punk houses and warehouses.
- Amanda – He then started going out with a woman he has identified only as “Amanda”, who produced and distributed her own fanzine and was a feminist. However, she broke up with him in 1994 and has also inspired songs like She, Good Riddance, Stuart and the Ave, Sassafras Roots, Amanda, She’s a Rebel, Extraordinary Girl, and Whatsername.
- Adrienne Nesser (1994-Present) – Billie met Adrienne Nesser in Minneapolis, Minnesota at one of the Green Day’s concerts in 1990. They married on July 2, 1994, and the couple has 2 sons – Joseph Marciano “Joey” Armstrong (b. February 28, 1995) and Jakob Danger Armstrong (b. September 12, 1998). Discussing his sudden marriage and fatherhood in a February 2014 interview with Rolling Stone, Armstrong stated: “I was very impulsive at that time. I think that impulsive behavior was meant to counteract the chaos in my life.”
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
He is of Scottish, English, Irish, Welsh, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Italian (including Sicilian), German, and Spanish-Mexican descent.
He has dyed his hair black. His natural hair color is considered to be reddish-brown.
- Wears eyeliner
He has appeared in commercials for Fila, Gibson guitars, etc.
Best Known For
Being the lead vocalist and guitarist of the band “Green Day”
Bille released his debut album titled 39/Smooth as a part of the band “Green Day” on April 13, 1990, through Lookout! Records. The album consisted of 10 singles giving it a total length of more than 31 minutes.
It didn’t rank anywhere in US Billboard 200. It received 3 out of 5 stars from Allmusic.
He debuted with the 2003 film Riding in Vans with Boys as himself. It was a music video documentary.
First TV Show
In 1997, he played the role of Face (voice) in an adult animated sitcom King of the Hill in an episode titled “The Man Who Shot Cane Skretteburg.”
Billie Joe Armstrong Favorite Things
Source – Wikia.com, TIME
Billie Joe Armstrong Facts
- Billie started his career professionally in 1987.
- His music was influenced via NOFX, The Rezillos, The Adverts, Stiff Little Fingers, The Undertones, S*x Pistols, The Jam, The Clash, Buzzcocks, and The Who.
- During the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections, he supported Barack Obama.
- Once in 1996, he got arrested after his show in Wisconsin due to indecent exposure.
- When he was 15, he united with his childhood friend Mike Dirnt to form a band called “Sweet Children.”
- He first got introduced to punk music by his brothers.
- Armstrong was born in Oakland but raised in Rodeo, California.
- On September 10, 1982, he lost his dad due to esophageal cancer.
- One of his most popular songs “Wake Me Up When September Ends” is a memorial to his dad.
- Bon Jovi is the worst band, he has ever played with, live on stage.
- He is the youngest in his family. His oldest brother is 22 years his senior.
- Billie is the founding member of the punk rock band “Green Day.” It was founded in 1986 by Billie himself and bassist and backing vocalist Mike Dirnt. Other members include drummer Tré Cool and guitarist and backing vocalist Jason White.
- Billie is the lead vocalist and guitarist for the band “Green Day.”
- His first live performance was at restaurant Rod’s Hickory Pit (where his mom worked) in 1987. He performed there together with friend Mike Dirnt.
- Billie was born when his mom was 40 years old.
- He is the founder of Adeline Records, which he founded in Oakland in 1997.
- In June 2022, after the court overturned Roe v. Wade, Billie announced that he was renouncing his US citizenship and had decided to move to the United Kingdom.