Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara
Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia
Sofia Vergara went to Marymount School, a private bilingual Spanish/English school in Barranquilla and studied pre-dentistry at a university in Colombia for three years and left 2 semesters before graduation, as she got a chance to do modeling.
- Father – Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo (Cattle producer for the meat industry)
- Mother – Margarita Vergara Dávila de Vergara (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Sandra Vergara (Adopted Younger Sister) (TV Actress), Julio Vergara (Younger Brother), Rafael Vergara (Brother), Veronica Vergara (Sister)
She has 5 brothers and sisters.
Latin World Entertainment
Actress, Model, TV Hostess and Comedian
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Joe Gonzalez (1987-1993) – Sofia married her childhood sweetheart Joe Gonzalez, when she was 18, i.e. in 1991. But, their relationship ended soon in 1993. She gave birth to a boy in September 1992, named Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara.
- Nick Loeb (2010-2014) – Sofia Vergara started dating Nick Loeb (Politician) in May of 2010. Though, they broke up for some months in 2012, but they got back together. The duo engaged in July 2012. After nearly two years of engagement, they split on May 20, 2014.
- Joe Manganiello (2014-Present) – Sofia met American actor Joe Manganiello in May 2014 at White House Correspondents’ Dinner Party and soon in June 2014, they were seen dating each other. They got engaged during Christmas 2014 and finally got married on November 22, 2015 in Palm Beach, Florida.
Race / Ethnicity
Sofia is naturally blonde. But, she likes to dye them dark brown.
- Curvy Body
38-28-39 in or 81-71-99 cm
32F (She told it herself in an interview with Cosmopolitan magazine)
Best Known For
Her sexy mom next-door character in TV series ‘Modern Family’ for her role as ‘Gloria Pritchett’ started in 2009. She is also known ON and OFF the Red Carpet for her sexy figure.
2002 film ‘Big Trouble’ for her role as Nina.
Diet Pepsi (2011), KMart (2011), Comcast Xfinity, Head & Shoulders Spokesperson (2013), medicine Synthroid (2013), Rooms To Go (2013)
Sofia Vergara Favorite Things
- Favorite Eyeliner – Mac Eye Kohl in Teddy
- Favorite Lipstick – Lancome’s L’absolu Rouge in Exotic Orchid
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Book – One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Favorite Flowers – Orchids
- Favorite Place to Travel – Capri, Italy in summers
- Favorite Cologne – Terre D’hermès Eau De Toilette Natural Spray
- Favorite Shoes – Sergio Rossi Suede Pumps
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite People – Manolo (her son)
- Favorite Movie – Godfather (1972)
- Favorite Singer – Shakira
Sofia Vergara Facts
- Sofia Vergara was voted no. 1 in Askmen’s Most Desirable Women List in 2012.
- Sofia Vergara’s cousin and adopted sister is the actress Sandra Vergara.
- Sofia was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2000.
- She has designed a bra for fellow full-figured women who has also appeared on commercials for Bally gyms.
- She worked with Univision in Miami, for which she hosted traveling show for 5 years and also a game show for a couple of years.
- Sofia was discovered by a photographer while walking on the beach when she was a teenager.
- In December 2014, the Colombian beauty told at Jimmy Kimmel Live! that she has become a US citizen after she got 100% in her citizenship test.
- At Hollywood Walk of Fame in May 2015, Vergara received a star.
- Visit her official website @ www.sofiavergara.com.
- You may want to connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.