Vanessa Chantal Paradis
Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, Val-de-Marne, France
She had completed her schooling in 1989, when she was 16 years old. Post that, she she stressed on her career fully.
Actress, Singer, Model
- Father – André Paradis (Interior Designer)
- Mother – Corinne Paradis (Interior Designer)
- Siblings – Alysson Paradis (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Didier Pain (Uncle) (Record Producer)
Barclay Records, Polydor Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Vanessa dated –
- Florent Pagny (1988-1991) – There is an almost 11 years age difference between the two. Florent, a French musician dated for a couple of years with the actress from 1988 to 1991.
- Lenny Kravitz (1992-1997) – Lenny, an American singer worked with French singer and actress, Vanesssa Paradis in the past. They eventually started dating. But, they never revealed about their relationship. Finally, in 2009, Lenny opened up about his relationship with her.
- Stanislas Merhar (1997-1998) – The actress lived with her French-Slovenian boyfriend from 1997 to 1998 and subsequently dumped him for Johnny Depp.
- Johnny Depp (1998-2012) – After dating with Merhar, she moved on to Depp. The duo met when Johnny was filming The Ninth Gate in Paris. The couple have 2 children – a daughter, Lily-Rose Melody Depp (born 1999), and a son, John Christopher “Jack” Depp III (born in 2002). They officially broke up on 19 June, 2012.
- Matthieu Chedid (2012) – RUMOR
- Guy-David Gharbi (2012) – RUMOR
- Benjamin Biolay (2012-2015) – From June 2012 to April 2015, singer Benjamin Biolay and Vanessa dated each other.
Race / Ethnicity
She has dyed her hair as blonde.
Her natural hair color seems to be brown.
- Gap in her teeth
- Green Eyes
- High Cheeks
34-25-33 in or 87-63.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
As a model, she has promoted the brand Coco for Chanel in 1991. Other endorsement deals include Art Et Essai (2002), La Redoute (2003), Chanel Cambon (2004-2005), New Mademoiselle Chanel (2005), Miu Miu Prada (2008), Rouge Coco Chanel (2010), Shine Rouge Coco Chanel (2011).
Best Known For
Working as an actress in films such as Noce Blanche (1989), Girl on the Bridge (1999), My Angel (2004).
She gain much popularity after releasing her single Joe le taxi in 1987.
She released her debut album M&J in 1988 under Polydor, PolyGram, Barclay Records. The album consists of 10 singles with a total length of 49:29 minutes. It featured a famous single “Joe le Taxi“.
1989 French film, Noce Blanche (English: White Wedding). She starred in her first film for the role as Mathilde Tessier. For the movie, she won awards such as César Award for Most Promising Actress, and Prix Romy Schneider.
First TV Show
Vanessa’s first television appearance was in the show L’École des fans (English: School of Fans), which is a talent show for child singers. She was a contestant in the show. The show featured the children from age groups of 3 to 10.
Paradis has a fixed schedule. She exercises for 45 minutes a day apart from walking to get toned legs. She does not love gyms. So, she works out in her home only. She also has some pre-recorded exercises and DVDs and she play them to learn the tactics used in Yoga postures and Pilates.
Vanessa Paradis Favorite Things
Vanessa Paradis Facts
- She had a pet named Nelson from 1991 until 1999.
- Vanessa dedicated her 2000 album “Bliss” to Johnny Depp and their daughter Lily.
- She won the “Female Artist of the Year” award and also the “Best Song / Variety Album of the Year” award in March 2008.
- She has been honored alongside Karl Lagerfeld at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival Madame Figaro party.
- In 2010, she became the face of Chanel’s new lipstick, Rouge Coco.
- Vanessa has released many studio albums such as Love Songs (2013), Divinidylle (2007), Bliss (2000) and many others.
- In 1993, she became a member of Les Enfoirés charity.
- Visit her official website – www.vanessaparadis.fr.
- Connect with Vanessa on Facebook.