|Aaron Finch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1986|
Aaron Finch is an Australian cricketer who is known for his aggressive batting style and hard-hitting shots. He was the first player to reach the 900 rating mark on the T20I rankings in 2019 and is also the fastest Australian to reach 10 ODI centuries. Aaron was a wicket-keeper in his initial days when he played for Colac West Cricket Club in the Colac & District Cricket Association (CDCA) as a junior. He captained the Melbourne Renegades and was the Big Bash League player of the year in 2012. In international cricket, Finch set a new record in Twenty20 international cricket for the highest ever T20I individual score in 2013 when he scored 156 runs off 63 balls against England.
Even after being the No. 1 batsman in international T20 cricket, he was dropped from the for the first 2 matches for the 2016 ICC World T20. In his 29th match, he became the second-fastest player to score 1000 runs in T20I history. In 2018, Cricinfo named him the captain of the T20 XI of the year. He is active on social media with more than 800k followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
Aaron James Finch
Colac, Victoria, Australia
He attended the Victorian Primary School.
- Father – Gary Finch
- Mother – Sue Finch
- Siblings – Jess Finch (Sister), Mat (Brother)
- Others – Ollie (Nephew)
He is represented by TLA Worldwide, Australia.
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Finch has dated –
- He was dating a girl from Mumbai in the past but after a while of dating, they broke up.
- Amy Griffiths – Amy and Aaron had been dating for quite a while before Aaron proposed her in India during IPL 2016. The couple broke the news on social media and soon got engaged. They got married on April 8, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Aaron has endorsed brands like –
- NewBalance Australia
- Sam and Ko
Best Known For
Being a top-order batsman and for his hard-hitting skills for finishing matches
First Test Match
He made his test debut against Pakistan in October 2018 where he scored 62 in the first innings and 49 runs in the 2nd innings.
First ODI Match
Finch made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka on January 11, 2013.
First T20I Match
He made his T20I debut against England in January 2011.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his cricket matches, he made his TV show debut as ‘Himself’ on CNN Newsroom in 2014.
Aaron likes to keep himself fit since his profession requires it. His training schedule includes both functional and weight training exercises. He does different variations of pushups, medicine ball crunches, shoulder raises, step-ups, bicep curls, and many such exercises to keep himself fit for his game. He trains usually at the F45 gym in Melbourne.
Aaron Finch Favorite Things
- Holiday Spot – Paris, Barcelona, New York
- Restaurant – Torquay
- Hobbies – Traveling, Camping, Playing Golf, Driving, Cooking,
- City – Hong Kong
- Singer – Ed Sheeran
- Cricketer – Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh
- Stadium – Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Food (Indian) – Biryani
Source – DiscoveryHolidayParks.com.au, Cricktracker
Aaron Finch Facts
- He was very close to cricketer Phillip Hughes.
- In 2019, he became the 29th player to represent his country in 100 ODI matches.
- In his debut world cup match against England in 2015, he scored 135 runs.
- He has been a part of IPL teams like Mumbai Indians, Delhi Daredevils, and Gujarat Lions.
- Finch made his IPL debut in 2010 with the Rajasthan Royals and was then picked up by Delhi Daredevils in the year 2011.
- In the 2018 IPL season, Finch played for the Kings XI Punjab but was opted out in 2019. He then decided to opt-out of IPL so that he could prepare for the 2019 World cup.
- He is also referred to as the “Destructive Aussie”.
- Aaron loved playing football when he was young.
- He was a wicket-keeper batsman initially.
- He made his first-class debut at the age of 21.
- Aaron was a part of the Australian team in the ICC U-19 world cup in 2006.
- He smashed 156 runs in a T20 International match against England in 2013 and that was his rise to fame.
- As of August 2019, he holds 2 highest individual total records in T20 cricket.
- Finch posted a picture on Instagram on April 28, 2019, where he was seen holding a jersey of the Indian Captain Virat Kohli and former captain M.S. Dhoni which was given to him by them during the series they played together.
- In 2016, Aaron Finch scored the joint-fastest half-century by an Australian in ODIs by scoring 50 runs off 18 balls against Sri Lanka.
- Finch became the first player to score 1000 runs in the Big Bash League in 2015.
- He has 2 dogs.
- He and his wife support the McGrath Foundation.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by NAPARAZZI / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0