|Aaron Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aaron Jones is an American football running back who was drafted by the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL) in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Aaron LaRae Jones
Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia, United States
El Paso, El Paso County, Texas, United States
Aaron Jones studied at Burges High School in El Paso, Texas, and played high school football. He received a three-star composite rating from 247Sports.com.
He then got enrolled at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), a public research university in El Paso, Texas, and graduated with a degree in multidisciplinary studies on May 12, 2018.
- Father – Alvin Jones Sr. (Career non-commissioned officer in the US Army) (Died from COVID-19 on April 6, 2021)
- Mother – Vurgess (Career non-commissioned officer in the US Army)
- Siblings – Alvin Jones Jr. (Fraternal Twin Brother) (American football linebacker who played college football at UTEP as well as has played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL)), Xavier (Older Brother), Chelsirae (Sister)
- Others – Tristen Jamal Newton (Cousin) (Basketball player who has played for the UConn Huskies men’s basketball team)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Aaron Jones is of African-American descent.
Known for wearing wraparound Oakley sunglasses and a sombrero decorated in Packer colors when arriving at a stadium before a game, on the sidelines, and in postgame interviews
Aaron Jones served as an ambassador for FTX (a now bankrupt company) and received compensation via cryptocurrency.
Aaron Jones Facts
- Owing to his parents’ jobs, Aaron and his siblings grew up living in Germany, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and near the Mexican border in the city of El Paso.
- Growing up, Aaron Jones looked up to football players like Emmitt Smith, Percy Harvin, and Tyrod Taylor.
- Before he completed his senior year, his father retired from his job in order to start a marketing company to jump-start the recruiting process for his sons.
- He had promised his parents that he would finish school even if he were drafted into the NFL.
- In the 2017 NFL Draft, he was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round as the 182nd overall. On May 5, 2017, he signed a contract with the team.
- Aaron Jones was cited for a traffic stop (for an incident that occurred on October 1, 2017) on November 20, 2017, as he was reportedly speeding at 79 miles per hour (127 km/h) at a 55 miles per hour (89 km/h) speed limit and had possession of marijuana. He was subsequently charged with operating with a restricted controlled substance, operating without a valid license, and speeding, and his license was suspended for six months.
- He was very close to his father and after Alvin Sr.’s death, he was cremated with the ashes put into a chain for Aaron. Aaron once lost the chain upon scoring a touchdown during a game against the Detroit Lions but an athletic trainer fortunately found it and eventually returned it to the player.
- Aaron Jones is often seen sporting a sombrero which serves as an homage to his hometown of El Paso, a majority-Hispanic city. His hometown has also often received his tribute in the form of his signature touchdown celebration in which he holds up nine, one, and five fingers in quick succession (El Paso is covered by area code 915) before flexing his bicep.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED