Aaron Kyle Tveit
Middletown, New York, USA
New York City, New York, United States
Aaron studied at Middletown High School where he actively participated in several sports as well as theater. He graduated in 2001.
He turned down scholarships to several business schools to take admission in Ithaca College and studied liberal arts.
His first year major was a vocal performance (music) which he switched to musical theater (drama) in the second year.
Towards the end of Aaron’s second year, mock auditions organized on his campus led by the casting director of a rock musical, Rent saw enough potential in Aaron to offer him a spot (as an understudy) on the national tour of the same production which lasted from January to December 2004.
9 years after leaving behind his college education midway, Aaron earned his Bachelor’s degree (BFA) in 2012 since most of his work in theatre also contributed to his college credit.
Actor, Musical Theatre Actor & Singer
- Father – Stanley Tveit
- Mother – Posie Tveit
- Siblings – Jon Tveit (Younger Brother) (Priest)
His career is managed by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Elin Flack Management, New York
Vocals, Violin, French horn
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aaron has dated –
- Jacqui Polk (2005–2008) – Aaron met Jacqui, who is also an actress, on the sets of his Broadway musical debut, Hairspray. They dated steadily for more than two years.
- Ericka Hunter (2018-Present) – Aaron started dating musical theater actress Ericka Hunter in 2018. He confirmed their relationship in May 2021 through an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Norwegian ancestry.
- Deep-set, hooded eyes
- Long lean face
- Deep forehead lines and laugh lines around the eyes
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Best Known For
- As a Broadway actor widely famous for his role of
- Gabe Goodman in Next to Normal (2008–2010)
- Frank Abagnale Jr. in Catch Me if You Can (2009, 2011).
- Part of the main cast in all the 3 seasons of Graceland TV series from 2013 to 2015.
Aaron’s live song recordings from the Broadway concert in May 2013 was compiled into an album and released by Broadway Records by the name of The Radio in my Head in September 2013.
Aaron was cast as an anesthesiologist in the fantasy comedy Ghost Town (2008) which had Ricky Gervais in the lead role.
First TV Show
Aaron gave a memorable performance as Tripp Van der Bilt in 10 episodes of Gossip Girl from 2009 to 2012.
- Aaron was short and chubby as a child but grew up to be a lean young man due to his serious commitment to golf, soccer, and basketball.
- He has retained his enthusiasm for intense activity alongside his demanding profession and took up CrossFit to stay lean.
- From there on, Aaron shifted his loyalty to traditional weight training and power lifting but consciously incorporates HIIT training a few times every week to burn fat.
- During his late 20’s, Aaron discovered he is allergic to dairy. Since then, he started following a protein-rich diet. He revealed that he makes it a point to cook 90 percent of the meals he eats to ensure, he is aware of all the ingredients he consumes.
- A typical mid-morning breakfast which also serves as a post-workout meal for him usually comprises of a mushroom and spinach omelet and bacon. Aaron also consciously avoids coffee.
Aaron Tveit Favorite Things
- Show Tune – How Glory Goes from Floyd Collins
- Album – Only by the Night by Kings of Leon
- Board / Card Game – Poker, Scrabble
- Cereal – Frosted Flakes
- TV Shows – Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Friday Night Lights
- Childhood TV Shows – Ghostbusters, Family Matters
- NYC Place – Union Square
- Pop Star – Taylor Swift
- Post-Show Meal – Burgers
- Book – The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
- 90s Pop Song – Return of the Mack by Mark Morrison
- Word – Awesome
- School Subject – History
- Café – La Colombe, Lafayette St, New York
- Coffee – Iced coffee in summers and espresso in winters
- Alcoholic Drink – Beer
- New York Club – Plug Uglies, Gramercy
- Organic Restaurant – Spring Street Natural
Aaron Tveit Facts
- In 2014, a street was named after Aaron Tveit in his honor. It is called the Aaron Tveit way in his hometown, Middletown.
- He auditioned for the role of Finn in Glee in 2009 but gladly backed out because he did not want to be typecast as a teen romantic hero.
- He intentionally keeps away from social media because he thinks it radically increases the belief of the audience in all the roles played by him.
- Aaron made it a point to learn how to hold a gun correctly for Graceland because a law enforcement guy on the sets remarked that most actors give the feeling of fake FBI agents by holding the gun incorrectly.
- Aaron is a massive Game of Thrones fan, but he prefers the books instead of the TV show and has read the entire book series twice.
- He does not like to watch scripted TV shows at the end of the day to unwind and would much rather see an NBA or Baseball game or singing reality shows such as American Idol and The Voice.
- He also likes to spend quiet time with himself reading books and playing video games.
- Aaron shared in an interview that he cannot go out for drinks and dinner after a Broadway show because he needs to rest his voice.
- While most actors look for the security of a never-ending recurring role, Aaron loves to go out and audition because it keeps him on his toes and helps him stay sharp.
- In March 2020, he was tested positive for coronavirus but had very mild symptoms.
- As the Broadway theaters remained shut for the most time in 2020, the nominations in some of the categories of Tony Award were less. For instance, Aaron Tveit was the only actor to be nominated in the category of “Best Actor in a Musical.”
Featured Image via Nick Step / Flickr / CC BY 2.0