|Ada de la Cruz Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 15, 1986|
Ada de la Cruz is a Dominican model, actress, and beauty queen, best known as the runner-up to the title of Miss Universe 2009. After she was crowned Miss Dominican Republic Universe 2009, Ada represented the home her grandparents lived in, in the Province of San José de Ocoa. Before that, she reached Top 16 placement at Miss World 2007 and won the title of Miss World Beach Beauty the same year. She has also walked the runways at events such as New York Fashion Week, Miami Fashion Week, and Dominicana Moda.
Ada Aimée de la Cruz Ramírez
Villa Mella, Santo Domingo Province, Dominican Republic
Model, Beauty Queen, Actress
- Mother – Ana Martínez Ramírez
- Siblings – Adrián (Younger Brother)
- Others – Celeste Ramírez (Maternal Grandmother) (Maid), Ventura Garabito (Maternal Grandfather), Manuel (Father-In-Law) (Restaurant Owner)
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ada de la Cruz has dated –
- Iván Nova – She married a baseball pitcher, Iván Nova best known for playing for New York Yankees in MLB (Major League Baseball).
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Fuller lips
Ada de la Cruz Facts
- She grew up in Villa Altagracia municipality and returned to Santo Domingo at the age of 14.
- Ada was given the nickname ‘Dominican Cinderella’ by the media in the Dominican Republic. She had a modest upbringing in relative poverty since her grandmother was a maid and Ada gained a lot of prominence for having a “rags to riches” story.
- Ada won the title of Miss Dominican Republic 2009 but was also a winner in the categories “Best Smile” and “Miss Internet.”
- In 2009, despite having the highest overall score at the Miss Universe 2009, she was still named the 1st runner-up.
- Ada was one of 5 models that competed in the semifinals of Miss World that also reached semifinals in the Miss Universe pageant. The other 4 models were Christine Straw (Jamaica, 2004), Yendi Phillips (Jamaica, 2010), Patricia Yurena Rodríguez (Spain, 2013), and Catriona Gray (Philippines, 2018).
- Ada made her film debut with the role of La Gallina in Lotoman 2.0 (2012).
Featured Image by Ada de la Cruz / Instagram