|Adam Rippon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1989|
Adam Rippon is a figure skater from Pennsylvania, United States. Adam, who has 5 younger siblings, is the first openly gay U.S. male athlete who has won a medal in a Winter Olympics event. He got into ice skating at the age of 10 after he was invited to a skating birthday party. He has a celebrity crush on English singer, Harry Styles.
Adam Richard Rippon
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Adam Rippon went to the elementary school at Our Lady of Peace School which is a Catholic institute.
- Father – Rick Rippon
- Mother – Kelly Rippon
- Siblings – Tyler Rippon (Younger Brother), Brady Rippon (Younger Brother), Sawyer Rippon (Younger Brother), Dagny Rippon (Younger Sister), Jordan Rippon (Younger Sister)
Adam Rippon is signed with WME Entertainment.
Jason Dungjen, Yuka Sato, Brian Orser, Nikolai Morozov, Yelena Sergeeva (Former)
Rafael Arutyunyan, Vera Arutyunyan, Nadia Kanaeva
Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren, Cindy Stuart, Michael Seibert, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Pasquale Camerlengo, David Wilson, Sébastien Britten, Nikolai Morozov (Former)
Jeffrey Buttle, Benji Schwimmer
Skating Club of New York
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adam Rippon has dated
- Tyler Oakley (2018) – At the turn of 2018, Adam was linked with gay YouTuber Tyler Oakley. The source of these relationship rumors was their social media activity. Tyler even featured Adam in his YouTube video in February 2018. Also, a day after the video was posted, Adam shared a picture of them together on his Instagram with a flirty caption, which suggested that something was brewing between them.
- Gus Kenworthy (2018) – During the Winter Olympics, Adam was linked with fellow Olympian Gus Kenworthy. At the competition, they were often spotted hanging out together and they often shared cuddled up pictures of themselves.
- Jussi-Pekka Kajaala (2018-Present) – In his interview with People in April 2018, Adam revealed that he was going out with Finnish national, Jussi-Pekka Kajaala. He also revealed that they had met through the dating app, Tinder. They had been talking to each other for about 7 months and had ramped up their chemistry over the past couple of months.
Race / Ethnicity
- Defined jawline
- Toned and athletic body
Adam Rippon has used his strong social media presence to promote a number of products and brands via his social media posts and updates.
He went to the Catholic school but his religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being a successful figure skating competitor. He won a bronze medal as a member of the figure skating team at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Being one of the most popular gay American Olympians. He even has more than 800k followers on his official Instagram account.
Adam hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2018, Adam Rippon made his first TV show appearance as himself in the news talk show, Good Morning America.
To make sure that he is in the right shape for his competitive performances, he has hired Steve Zim as his personal trainer. Zim is a renowned Hollywood fitness trainer and has worked with the likes of Michael Keaton and Christian Bale. Rippon works with Zim in the gym, 6 days a week.
He is also a huge fan of Soul Cycle classes. Plus, he loves to practice yoga, which has not only improved his agility and flexibility but his mental state as well. He also loves to go for hiking in his free time.
Rippon also tries to fit small home workouts into his daily routine. In fact, he keeps fitness accessories such as ab rollers and medicine ball around for his quick workout sessions. He supports his fitness regime by focusing on healthy and protein-rich diet. He also adds fruits and vegetables to his daily eating plan to make it more rounded.
Adam Rippon Favorite Things
- Person To Train With – Christina Gao
- Drag Queens – Milk, Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Laila McQueen, Tammie Brown, and Bianca Delrio
- Place To Visit – Paris
- Places To Eat – Fusion Sushi, Mangiamo, The Strand house. All of these places are located in Manhattan beach area.
- Skating Elements – Rippon Lutzes and laybacks
- Celebrity Crush – Harry Styles
- Music Genre – Club music
Source – Reddit, Teen Vogue
Adam Rippon Facts
- He was born with a severe hearing problem. Before his first birthday, he underwent a corrective surgery at the Yale University. He was also born with a severe eye infection, which was also taken care of with a surgical procedure.
- In October 2015, Adam publicly came out as gay in an article in Skating Magazine. He considers it an important moment in his life as he started to own who he really was as a person.
- In 2009, Adam became the first competitor to win 2 consecutive World Junior titles after having won the competition in the previous year as well.
- After he failed to become a part of the Team USA’s skating roster for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, he considered giving up figure skating. But eventually, skating served as his therapy to deal with his failure.
- While performing at the Bridgestone Skate America competition in 2017, he dislocated his shoulder. But, he went ahead to complete his performance.
- He had to withdraw from the US Championships in January 2017 due to a fractured left foot.
- At the 2018 Winter Olympics, he caused a controversy with his vocal and open protest against the presence of US Vice President Pence as the head of US delegation at the opening ceremony of the event.
- He got into ice skating at the age of 10 after he was invited to a skating birthday party. Before the party, he learned some basic moves from his mother, who had dabbled in ice choreography.
- At one point in his career, his coach asked him to shed weight, which led to him following a heavily restricted diet plan. However, after suffering a foot fracture, which he felt was caused due to lack of proper nutrition, he decided to overhaul his diet and consulted a nutritionist.
- His mother was surprised with his natural grace on the ice rink and got him in group lessons. After having taken group lessons for 6 weeks, his mother got him into individual lessons.
- When he won a bronze medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics at the team event, he achieved the distinction of being the first openly gay US male athlete to win a medal at the Winter Olympics event.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Luu / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0