|Adrián San Miguel Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1987|
Adrián San Miguel is a Spanish professional soccer player and TV personality. He is best known as a goalkeeper for clubs such as West Ham United between 2013 and 2019 and Liverpool starting in 2019.
Adrián San Miguel del Castillo
Seville, Andalusia, Spain
London, England, United Kingdom
Adrián attended the University of Seville in Seville, Andalusia, Spain. It took him 7 or 8 years to earn his degree in Sports Science due to his obligations as a professional soccer player.
Professional Soccer Player, TV Personality
- Father – José “Josefa” San Miguel
Adrián San Miguel is represented by Bahía Internacional-Representantes de Futbolistas (Talent Agent, Manager) in Madrid, Spain.
13 – Liverpool, West Ham United
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adrián San Miguel has dated –
- Tamara Mariscal – Adrián and his wife, Tamara Mariscal have 2 sons named Enzo (b.2016) and Eric.
Race / Ethnicity
- Elongated face
- Dimpled smile
- Tall height
Adrián San Miguel has endorsed brands such as Umbro and Adidas.
He also pledged his support to the West Ham United Foundation.
Adrián San Miguel Facts
- Until the age of 10, he played as a striker and a winger for the club C.D. Altair. After their goalkeeper left, he filled his spot and remained in that position.
- When he was around 11 or 12 years old, Adrián used to cry because he thought every goal the opponent scored was his fault.
- In May 2014, he won “Save of the Season” after he made a fingertip save against Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior at a West Ham United versus Chelsea game. For the same game, Adrián also won “Best Individual Performance.”
- On January 13, 2015, his team, West Ham United, faced Everton, and in that match, Adrián took a competitive penalty for the 1st time in his career. He was so confident that he removed his goalkeeping gloves and his team won it with a score of 9 to 8.
- West Ham United offered him a new 3-year contract in 2019 but he decided not to renew it. Soccer club Liverpool contacted him in July 2019 and promised they would sell Simon Mignolet if he accepted their offer, which he did.
- He made his debut as a member of Liverpool on August 9, 2019. He replaced the injured goalkeeper, Alisson Ramses Becker, in the 39th minute of a game against Norwich City.
- Adrián owes his West Ham United teammate, Aaron Cresswell, for getting him into Liverpool. Aaron recommended him to John Achterberg, the team’s goalkeeping coach.
- He helped Liverpool win their 1st ever FIFA Club World Cup in 2019 against Flamengo with a score of 1-0. He also helped them win their 4th UEFA Super Cup title during the same year.
- Adrián is superstitious and has a lucky yellow towel – the color of his goalkeeper’s shirt at Real Betis from Seville, the 1st soccer club he ever played for. He gets a new one every year and uses the old ones for training.
- In one corner of his lucky towel, he has inscribed his motto “la humildad te hace grande” or “humility makes you great.” In the other are pictures of his 2 kids, Eric and Enzo, and his wife, Tamara. There are also words “You’ll Never Walk Alone” and “Liverpool FC” on it.
- Adrián’s lucky number is 13 and he will never wear another number on his shirt. He once got offered to replace a goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen in West Ham United but refused because Jussi wore number 22.
- He fell in love with London, England, United Kingdom, and considers the city his 2nd home.
Featured Image by Adrián San Miguel / Instagram