|Giorgia Meloni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1977|
Giorgia Meloni is an Italian politician who began serving as the prime minister of Italy on October 22, 2022, hence, making her the first-ever woman to do so in the history of Italian politics. Aside from that, she has also been a long-time serving member of the Chamber of Deputies and has also been the leader of the Brothers of Italy political party since 2014.
Rome, Lazio, Italy
In 1996, Giorgia completed her studies at the Amerigo Vespucci Institute in Rome.
- Father – Francesco Meloni (Tax Advisor)
- Mother – Anna Paratore
- Siblings – Arianna (Older Sister)
- Others – Francesco Lollobrigida (Brother-In-Law) (Italian Minister of Agriculture)
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Giorgia has dated –
- Andrea Giambruno (2014-2023) – She and her journalist partner Andrea Giambruno were together for almost 10 years from 2014 to 2023. They shared a daughter named Ginevra (b. 2016). She announced her separation on October 20, 2023, from Andrea because of his sexist comments on television.
Race / Ethnicity
Giorgia is of Italian descent.
- Thin lips
- Bright blue eyes
- Triangular shaped face
Giorgia Meloni Facts
- She was born and brought up in Rome, Italy.
- Meloni’s father was originally from Sardinia and her mother is from Sicily. Her father Francesco decided to leave Giorgia when she was just a year old in 1978 and moved to the Canary Islands, where he was arrested in 1995, and charged with drug trafficking, landing him a sentence of 9 years in a Spanish prison.
- The last time, Giorgia ever spoke to her father was in 2006, while she had been serving as the Vice-President of the Chamber of Deputies.
- Meloni joined the neo-fascist Youth Front political party, which was the youth wing of the Italian Social Movement at the age of 15, in 1992. However, it was dissolved in 1995.
- She became the first woman president of Youth Action in 2000. At the time, she had also been working various part-time jobs some of which included being a nanny, waitress, and bartender.
- Meloni was elected to the Chamber of Deputies during the 2006 Italian general election. During that time, she also began working as a journalist.
- Her brother-in-law Francesco was elected as the Italian Minister of Agriculture at the same time she was announced as the Prime Minister of Italy on October 22, 2022.
- Giorgia is a Roman Catholic.
- She is a huge fan of the fantasy genre and is especially fond of the work of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings and even attended a Camp Hobbit festival in the past.
Featured Image By Presidenza della Repubblica / Quirinale.it