|Adrien Broner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adrien Broner is an American professional boxer who is best known for holding multiple world championship titles in 4 weight classes such as the WBO Junior Lightweight from 2011 to 2012, the WBC Lightweight from 2012 to 2013, the WBA Welterweight from 2011 to 2013, and the WBA Light Welterweight from 2015 to 2016. In December 2012, Broner was ranked as the world’s fifth-best active boxer pound for pound by The Ring magazine. Shortly after his boxing career reached the peak with multiple winning streaks, his name became well-recognized in the industry of boxing and was ranked as the world’s fourth-best light welterweight by the Transitional Boxing Rankings Board on July 2018 and became the eight-best active welterweight recognized by BoxRec.
With notable victories against tough opponents, it wasn’t too long until he gained fame both as a professional boxer and a sports personality. He has gained a huge social media fan base with his Instagram hitting more than 1.5 million followers and his Twitter with more than 300k followers. Some of the toughest opponents he had played against included Jose Alfredo Lugo, Angel Rodriguez, Eric Ricker, Daniel Ponce de León, Paulie Malignaggi, Carlos Molina, Emmanuel Taylor, Ashley Theophane, Jessie Vargas, and Manny Pacquiao.
Adrien Jerome Broner
The Problem, Lil Brother, About Billions (AB)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Adrien Broner is represented by Al Haymon, Boxing Promoter and Manager, Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adrien Broner has dated –
- Arie Nicole – It is not certain if Adrien Broner and his partner Arie Nicole have tied the knot or not yet. Broner seems to be a proud father to his kids as he often tends to post photos of his children on his Instagram. As for his relationship with Nicole, it was reported that Broner had already proposed to his long-time girlfriend in 2015.
- Broner reportedly has 7 children with 6 different women, but only 5 of the children’s name have been verified, namely, Admire, Armani, KJ, Na’Riya, and Adrien Broner Jr.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Thick Lips
- Round Face
- Downward Pointed Noise
Best Known For
- Winning multiple world championships in numerous weight classes including the WBO Junior Lightweight, WBC Lightweight, and WBA Welterweight
- His over the top antics inside and outside of the boxing ring
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his boxing matches, he made his TV show debut in 2011 as “Himself” on the reality TV show Beauties & the Boss.
Professional boxers like Adrien Broner have personal coaches and fitness trainers who prepare them before their matches. In a report published by ESPN on April 21, 2018, Broner hired a highly-experienced and reputable trainer, Kevin Cunningham as a replacement to his long-time trainer Mike Stafford. The reports further claimed that Broner moved to Cunningham’s gym in West Palm Beach, Florida to train.
Though Broner seldom shares his video snippets on Instagram to show off his actual training and workout routine whenever he’s preparing for a match, he was seen immensely training at a gym in December 2018 while preparing for his upcoming match against Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao. A series of videos where he can be seen working out had also gone viral on YouTube, which pretty much sums up how dedicated and serious he can really get when it comes to his training before another fight kicks off.
As for his diet, boxers go through serious preparations which mainly involves strict diets. Food and water restrictions are put into balance to make sure their weight goal is achieved before hitting the boxing ring for a fight. In a YouTube video published by PabloRedTV on March 14, 2018, Broner can be seen preparing his meal which consisted of chicken, oatmeal, and steaks.
Adrien Broner Facts
- He started boxing at the age of 6 and openly admitted that the sport saved him from a life on the streets.
- He ended his amateur career with 319 fights under his belt and with a record of 300 wins and 19 losses.
- Adrien Broner turned professional on May 31, 2008, during which he scored 3 consecutive first-round knockouts against Allante Davis, David Warren Huffman, and Ramon Flore.
- He has compiled 33 wins and 4 losses out of 39 fights from his entire boxing career since his debut in 2008.
- In October 2016, Broner posted photos and captions on his social media that hinted suicide.
- In October 2013, he scored his first defeat as a professional while he was defending his welterweight title against boxing champion Marcos Maidana, who appeared to be too powerful as his opponent at the time of their match.
- Connect with Adrien Broner on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Adrien Broner / Instagram