|Adwoa Aboah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 18, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adwoa Caitlin Maria Aboah
She divides her time between her apartment in New York City and her parents’ house in London.
Adwoa Aboah went to the Millfield Boarding School.
Post that, she got enrolled at Brunel University in London. She graduated from the university with an undergraduate BA degree in Modern Drama in 2013.
Model, Actress, and Activist
- Father – Charles Aboah
- Mother – Camilla Lowther (Started premier fashion management firm CLM)
- Siblings – Kesewa Aboah (Sister)
Abwoa Aboah is represented by –
- DNA Model Management – New York
- The Lions – New York
- The Lions – Los Angeles
- VIVA Model Management – Paris
- VIVA Model Management – Barcelona
- TESS Management – London
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adwoa Aboah has dated –
Note – In her interview with The Sun, she revealed that she had an abortion in the early months of 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Ghanaian ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she has British ancestry.
- Buzzcut hairdo
- Freckled face
Adwoa Aboah has done modeling work for the following brands –
- Calvin Klein
- DKNY Alexander Wang
- Versus (Versace)
- Fenty x Puma
- Simone Rocha
Best Known For
- Being one of the most critically acclaimed young British models. She has posed for a number of high profile magazines including British Vogue and Italian Vogue.
- Being cast in the endorsement campaign for Calvin Klein in 2015.
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut in one of the leading roles in the mystery drama movie, To Get Her.
Adwoa Aboah Facts
- She was first scouted when she was 16 years old. She had participated in a school fashion show but at that time, she wasn’t interested, so she turned down the opportunity to kickstart her modeling career.
- When she was 17 years old, she decided to get into modeling so that she could earn some extra money and achieve financial independence.
- In 2011, she made her catwalk debut for Giles Deacon at the Spring Summer fashion show.
- She is the founder of the Gurls Talk, a non-profit organization that works to educate girls about eating disorders, addiction, and mental health.
- In 2017, the British GQ declared her as the Woman of the Year in recognition of her achievements as a model and her contributions to the society as an activist.
- At the end of 2017, it was announced that she has been appointed as a contributing editor by British Vogue and she would be making her debut in a January 2018 issue.
- She has battled drug addiction problem and overdosed on two occasions after a stint in the rehab with the second addiction being deliberate.
- She first smoked a spliff on her 14th birthday eve. And, on her 15th birthday, she went to Glastonbury festival and took ecstasy, which was followed soon by cocaine use.
- When she was 21 years old, she went on a severe drug binge, which prompted her parents to put her in Cottonwood Tucson rehab center in Arizona.
- Adwoa has been diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder, which served as a catalyst for her suicide attempt in October 2015 involving drug overdose. She was in a coma for 4 days.
- She has managed to overcome her drug struggles and has managed to remain sober.
Featured Image by Adwoa Aboah / Instagram