|Aesop Rock Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1976|
Aesop Rock is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer who shot to fame after releasing his debut album Music for Earthworms (1997). He gained further recognition by dropping numerous other albums including Spirit World Field Guide (2020), a number of EPs such as Daylight (2002), and many singles like Klutz (2018). He had been at the forefront of the new wave of underground as well as alternative hip hop acts that flourished during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Aesop has accumulated more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Ian Matthias Bavitz
Syosset, New York, United States
Portland, Oregon, United States
He started going to Northport High School in 1990 and graduated in 1994. After finishing high school, Bavitz enrolled in Boston University in Massachusetts, studying Visual Arts. He earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the university in 1998.
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Paul Bavitz
- Mother – Jameija Bavitz
- Siblings – Christopher T. Bavitz (Older Brother) (Clinical Professor at Harvard Law School and Director of Cyberlaw Clinic), Graham J. Bavitz (Younger Brother)
- Definitive Jux
- Mush Records
- Rhymesayers Entertainment
- Stones Throw Records
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Allyson Baker – In 2005, he had married musician Allyson Baker. They lived in San Francisco for a while but then divorced.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish descent on his father’s side of the family and of Lithuanian descent on his mother’s side.
- Beard and mustache
- Large expressive eyes
- Tattoos on his body
He has endorsed or promoted several labels such as Nike, having released a 45-minute instrumental piece for the brand.
He was raised Catholic, but later on, became agnostic.
Aesop Rock Favorite Things
- Friend – Skottie Young
Source – Instagram
Aesop Rock Facts
- He was brought up in Northport in Long Island, New York.
- Aesop has disclosed that he had acquired the moniker Aesop from a film he had performed in with some of his friends. It was the name of his character that got stuck. The rock part had been added later, from throwing it in rhymes.
- During his early adulthood, he had held different types of odd jobs including positions involving answering phones for clothing catalogs, getting artwork packaged in art gallery storerooms, and assisting one-hour photo developers.
- Aesop has recounted that although he had an interesting transformation from the desk job man into a full-time rapper, he used to keep rapping but had never had plans to be a professional rapper. After he was out of college, and back in New York City, he would go to open mics, and somewhere along the line he had recorded a tape that got liked by people that had made him motivated to sign his first record contract.
- Rock contracted his musical prowess after developing a deep love for hip-hop music and absorbing it well during his teenage years. He then applied the knowledge gained to make his own take on the music that has been a heavily lyrical style accented by the beats of Blockhead and rapped in his unique voice that has been noted to be unconventional and incredibly individual. His music started becoming popular by the day mainly as a result of the observational and revealing lyrics about himself as well as the current times.
- For his lyrics, it has helped him for being a note-taking person always. He has recalled that before phones became so popular, he used to walk around with tiny scraps of paper in his pockets. His father had been like that too and would have a 3×5 index card all the time, in his breast pocket.
Featured Image by Aesop Rock / Instagram