|Kirstie Maldonado Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1992|
Kirstie Maldonado is an American singer known for being a member of a cappella group called Pentatonix. She has done endorsement work popular brands like Macy’s and Amazon. Kirstie has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 100k subscribers. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Kirstin Taylor Maldonado
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Kirstie Maldonado went to the Holy Rosary Catholic School. She later got enrolled at the Martin High School and graduated in 2010. She then got enrolled at The University of Oklahoma. However, she dropped out of the university to form Pentatonix. At the university, she was a Musical Theatre Performance major.
- Father – Michael Cisneros
- Mother – Angelica Maldonado (She raised Kirstin on her own)
Kirstie Maldonado’s music band “Pentatonix” is managed by Jonathan Kalter of MGMT Company.
Pentatonix is represented by Brian Manning & Lee Goforth of Creative Artists Agency.
A cappella, Pop, R&B, Soul
- Madison Gate Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kirstie Maldonado has dated –
- Mitch Grassi – Maldonado reportedly dated her music groupmate Mitch Grassi while they were studying in school. In his May 2016 tweet, while congratulating Kirstie on her engagement to Jeremy Michael Lewis, Grassi revealed that they had dated twice in middle school.
- Scott Hoying – It has been rumored that she used to date Scott Hoying while they were studying in high school.
- Jeremy Michael Lewis (2011-2017) – Kirstin started dating businessman, singer, and YouTuber, Jeremy Michael Lewis in 2011. They had first met during the reality TV show, The Sing-Off. They got engaged in May 2016 after he proposed to her during their romantic vacation in Paris. However, in 2017, they announced that they had postponed their wedding as they wanted to work on certain unstated issues.
- Ben Hausdorff (2018-Present) – Ben has a degree in Cinema & Photography who started dating Kirstin in 2018. The couple welcomed a baby girl named Elliana Violet on June 28, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Mexican ancestry and on her mother’s side, she has Italian and Spanish roots.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
She usually wears contact lenses of different colors like blue or green.
- Petite figure
- High cheekbones
As a member of Pentatonix, Kirstie Maldonado has appeared in a Back to School campaign for Macy’s.
They have also appeared in TV commercials for Amazon and Fiat.
Best Known For
- Being a member of a cappella group called Pentatonix, which has achieved huge commercial success. They have managed to sell more than 6 million albums and their official YouTube page has more than 15 million subscribers. Plus, they have won a couple of Grammy Awards as well.
- The success of her music group’s studio album, That’s Christmas to Me, which was certified as ‘double platinum’ and reached as high as the 2nd spot on Billboard 200.
In July 2014, her music group released their first studio album, PTX, Vols. 1 & 2.
As a solo artist, she released her debut EP L O V E in July 2017.
First TV Show
In 2012, Kirstie Maldonado made her first TV show appearance on the talk series, Big Morning Buzz Live.
Kirstie Maldonado Favorite Things
- Food – Mac and Cheese
- TV Show – Modern Family
- Color – Red
- Movie – Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- Song – Gravity by Sara Bareilles
Source – SweetyHigh.com
Kirstie Maldonado Facts
- While she was in high school, she started taking classical training. She was a show choir member for 4 years. She was also a member of Texas All State Choir for 3 years.
- In her teens, she worked in a number of local stage productions and performed at shows around the Metroplex.
- She was a touring member of Theatre Arlington for 8 years and it was during this stint that she learned to sing 8-part harmonies.
- She is pretty fond of body art and has got more than half a dozen tattoos. Kirstie has got a portrait of her pet dog done on her right forearm. She has also got an owl inked on her right shoulder.
- She has known her Pentatonix band member, Mitch Grassi since she was 8 years old. They had met through the local theatre community.
- While studying in high school, she collaborated with Grassi and Scott Hoying to create a trio, which garnered a lot of attention for their covers of popular songs.
- When she was just 5 years old, she told her mother that she wanted to become a singer.
- While studying in school, she was pretty good in academics and was even selected as a National Hispanic Scholar.
- She has worked with the non-profit organization, Little Kids Rock, and has even performed at their charity concert. The organization enables and encourages children to play music.
- Visit her official website @ kirstin.com.
Featured Image by Kirstie Maldonado / Instagram