Melanie Elizabeth Bownds
Rebel Wilson, Rebelicious, Lil’ Reb
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Wilson went to Tara Anglican School for Girls in North Parramatta. Later, she took admission at the University of New South Wales to study Law and Arts (Theatre and Performance Studies).
She studied acting at Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) in Sydney, Australia.
Actress, comedian, entrepreneur, writer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Liberty Wilson (Sister), Ryot Wilson (Brother), Annachi Wilson (Sister)
Rebel’s parents were professional dog handlers.
Liberty and Ryot have also appeared on the reality game show The Amazing Race Australia in 2011.
She is signed to Creative Representation.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
116 kg or 256 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
There is no information about her dating.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fuller figure
- Usually, plays characters with a sarcastic sense of humor
Her body measurements may be 44-43-49 in or 112-109-124½ cm
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She is a former Jenny Craig spokeswoman in Australia.
She also voiced the role of kangaroo in the DISH commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Fat Amy in the 2012 musical romantic comedy film Pitch Perfect.
In 2003, she appeared in the Australian film Fat Pizza for her role as Toula.
First TV Show
From 2003 to 2007, Wilson appeared in the SBS’s TV series Pizza for her role as Toula. She was a part of the recurring cast from season 3 to season 5.
Rebel is continually trying to shed off pounds from her body. She lost 33 pounds of body weight in 2012 as per DailyMail.
Rebel Wilson Favorite Things
- Food – Ice Cream couple with honeycomb and cookie dough
- School Subject – Mathematics
Source – Wikipedia, BodyandSoul.com.au
Rebel Wilson Facts
- She is a distant relative of Walt Disney.
- Being a stand-up comedian, her biggest comedic influences are Jennifer Saunders and Tina Fey.
- Rebel’s parents named her after a girl, who sang at their wedding.
- She was born in Sydney and raised in suburbs of Castle Hill, Kenthurst, and Parramatta.
- While in high school, she used to use her middle name, so as to avoid teasing.
- She was excellent in studies and used to get good grades.
- Rebel was formerly a “Rotary International Youth Ambassador” for Australia.
- Wilson lives with her Bridesmaids co-star Matt Lucas in an apartment.
- She has her own clothing line called “Fat Mandi”. It is especially for fat people and represents foods on the clothes.
- She wants to own a theme park. She knows the system to maximize the number of rides, one hits a day.
- Her biggest weakness is sugar. She likes dessert and exercise too.
- She relaxes by taking a bubble bath and listening to rap music.
- She can become a barrister in future, after enjoying her life as an actress because she holds a degree in law (see her “Education” above).
- As per Variety, she is one of the “Top Ten Comics to Watch in 2011”.
- Hear more from Rebel from Twitter and Instagram.