|Tyler Posey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tyler Posey is an American actor, voiceover artist, musician, producer, and director who is best recognized for having been cast as Scott McCall in the supernatural teen drama television series, Teen Wolf, a role for which he won the 2012 ALMA Award for “Favorite TV Actor – Leading Role”, 2012 Imagen Award for “Best Actor/Television”, and 2017 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Summer TV Actor: Male”. In addition to that, he is also known for his roles likes Raul Garcia in Doc, Gabriel Whedon/Gabriel Traylor in Brothers & Sisters, Ricky Santos in The Last Summer, Tony Toretto in Fast & Furious: Spy Racers, Prince Alonso in Elena of Avalor, Mouse Gonzalez in Veritas, Prince of Truth, Andrew Ortega in Lincoln Heights, Shane in Scream, Aidan in Alone, and Gabriel in Now Apocalypse.
Tyler Garcia Posey
Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Posey attended William S. Hart High School in Santa Clarita, California.
Actor, Musician, Director, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John Posey (Actor, Writer)
- Mother – Cyndi Terese Posey (née Garcia) (Died of breast cancer in December 2014)
- Siblings – Jesse Posey (Younger Brother), Derek Posey (Older Brother), Mayra Posey (Sister)
- Others – William McCutcheon “Bill” Posey, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Armstrong (Paternal Grandmother), Esther Moya (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by 3 Arts Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyler Posey has dated –
- Miley Cyrus (2000-2002) – They started dating in January 2000 and had also appeared together in the TV series Doc in 2001. Their relationship continued until March 2002. He admits that she was his first girlfriend and had the first kiss.
- Mackenzie Rosman (2002-2003) – He had a short-termed relationship with actress Mackenzie Rosman from 2002 to 2003.
- Seana Gorlick (2003-2014) – Makeup artist, Seana Gorlick is his middle school crush, with whom he found true love back in 2003. Seana and Tyler got engaged in July 2013 after he proposed to his childhood girlfriend. In October 2014, Tyler and Seana separated. He exclusively revealed to Us Weekly about this.
- Danielle Campbell (2015) – In July 2015, he hooked up with actress Danielle Campbell.
- Bella Thorne (2015; 2016) – In April 2015, Tyler was seen walking arm-in-arm with actress Bella Thorne, while she was still dating Pamela Anderson‘s son, Brandon Thomas Lee. It was revealed by Daily Mail. In September 2016, Tyler started dating Bella. In December 2016, they reportedly split as she went on a movie date with singer Charlie Puth.
- Sophia Ali Taylor (2017-2019) – In 2017, Tyler started dating actress Sophia Ali which he confirmed in 2018. They broke up in 2019.
- Phem (2021-Present) – Tyler started dating musician Phem in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
He is of Mexican descent on his mother’s side and has English, Scottish, Irish, German, and French roots on his father’s side.
He had previously revealed his sexuality as sexually fluid and explained that he doesn’t want to go with a label. He has admitted that he has hooked up with men before and stated in an interview on Sirius XM, “I was hit with wanting to come out myself and be honest about it. I know a lot of kids look up to me and I want to get rid of that stigma.”
In July 2021, he came out as queer and sexually fluid.
- Curly hair
- Toned body
Best Known For
For his role as Scott McCall, a werewolf who uncovers the complicated supernatural world of Beacon Hills, California, in MTV’s show Teen Wolf
As a Singer
He has served as the frontman and guitarist for the band Disappearing Jamie.
He has also appeared in a Best Coast music video, titled Our Deal, for his role as Lucky in 2012.
2002 American action film Collateral Damage for his role as Mauro. He was just 10 years old at that time.
First TV Show
American police procedural television drama series Without a Trace that ran from 2002 to 2009. He appeared in 2002 for his role as Robert.
Jeff Davis, the director of “Teen Wolf” hired him as a personal trainer for his role. What Tyler said is –
“It’s so hard to work out on my own. So definitely having a trainer pushing me to wake up every morning definitely helped. I think I was like 12 percent fat when I started and then I was 6 percent fat.”
Tyler Posey Favorite Things
- Favorite Supernatural Film – Queen of the Damned (2002)
- Favorite Thing – Caliente Hot Sauce
- Favorite Movie – From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
Tyler Posey Facts
- Tyler is the frontman of the band “Disappearing Jamie” (recently changed from the name “Lost in Kostko”).
- He sings and plays guitar.
- With this band, he performed his first performance in 2012 at The Roxy in Los Angeles, USA.
- Tyler and Taylor Lautner are good friends since childhood.
- They became friends as both have appeared at many places for auditions.
- Tyler lost the part of Jacob Black in the Twilight series to Taylor Lautner.
- Posey has a dog named Chica.
- He did training with actors like Steven Anderson and Todd Thayler.
- He joined OnlyFans in September 2020.
- He supports the LGBTQ community.
- In March 2021, he revealed that he was not completely sober anymore.