|Adina Porter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adina Porter is an American actress known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like True Blood, The 100, and American Horror Story. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Domino’s Pizza, Geico Insurance, Ascend Cleanse. Adina has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Adina Elizabeth Porter
New York City, New York, United States
She divides her time between Los Angeles and New York City.
Adina Porter has studied at the High School of Performing Arts. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the State University of New York at Purchase. She eventually graduated from the university.
- Father – Guy Porter (Retired Service Manager of Mercedes-Benz Manhattan)
- Mother – Dorothy Porter (Worked as a Nurse at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan)
Adina Porter is represented by Bamboo Management (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adina Porter has dated –
- David Raymond Hecht – In August 1992, Adina got married to writer and sculptor David Raymond Hecht. Their wedding ceremony was hosted at their home in Brooklyn and was only attended by their close friends and family. Her cousin served as a minister for their African Methodist Episcopal ceremony. However, they eventually separated and got divorced.
- Larry Earl Madison Jr – Adina later got married to her 2nd husband, Larry Earl Madison Jr. During the course of their marriage, they decided to adopt 2 children. However, their marriage ended in a sad event as Larry passed away in 2013 due to a heart attack.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has Bermudian ancestry, while, on her father’s side, she traces her ancestry back to Sierra Leone.
- High cheekbones
- Broad smile
- Adina Porter has appeared in a TV commercial for Domino’s Pizza.
- She has also been featured in a TV advert for Geico Insurance.
- She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like Ascend Cleanse.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Lettie Mae Thornton in the fantasy horror TV series, True Blood
- Having played the role of Indra in the sci-fi drama TV series, The 100
- Having been cast in the 6th and 7th seasons of the anthology horror TV series, American Horror Story
In 1992, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the indie movie, Swoon.
First TV Show
In 1990, Adina Porter made her first TV show appearance in Out of the Half-Light episode of the legal drama TV series, Law & Order.
Adina Porter regularly works out to keep herself in the right shape. She believes that her regular fitness regime brings a healthy balance to her daily routine.
Adina Porter Favorite Things
- Makeup Products – MAC foundation, Black lipstick
- Hair Products – Allie’s Natural Hair Community shampoo and conditioners
- Spa – Korean Spa
Source – My Skin Affair
Adina Porter Facts
- She started her acting career by appearing in a series of off-Broadway plays and regional theatre productions.
- In 2001, she made her Broadway debut in the Roundabout Theater‘s production of The Women, which was later broadcasted on the PBS as a part of the Stage on Screen series.
- While growing up, she used to entertain her parents and family by staging plays in the family living room.
- After noticing her flair for stage performances, her parents got her into children’s acting class at Harlem based St. Mark’s AME Church.
- For her strong performance in the play Venus, she was honored with an Obie Award under the “Distinguished Performance by an Actress” category in 1996.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Adina Porter / Instagram