|Ajay Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1977|
|Spouse||Amrita Rebecca Chopra|
Ajay Chopra is an Indian chef, restaurateur, and TV personality who has launched many successful restaurants across India, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States. He has also worked, in various capacities, for luxury hotel chains such as the Oberoi Group, Marriott, and Starwood Hotels. Besides that, he owns a company called Zion Hospitality, a food and beverage consulting company that caters to hotels, restaurants, QSRs (Quick Service Restaurants), and casual cafes. He has also served as a co-judge of MasterChef India, the Indian version of the globally popular competitive cooking game show franchise MasterChef Australia, in the show’s 1st and 2nd seasons (2010 and 2011-2012). He runs a very popular, self-titled YouTube channel where he shares his recipes and provides cooking masterclasses. The channel has amassed more than 500k subscribers.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ajay, after his high school graduation in 1994, joined the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, & Applied Nutrition, Goa (IHM Goa), one of the 21 central IHMs set up by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. He graduated from there with a diploma in hotel management.
In 2000, after working for a few years in the hotel industry, he joined the post-graduate diploma in culinary management course at The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development (OCLD), a hotel management school based in the capital city of New Delhi. He graduated from there with a ‘Gold’ medal in 2002.
Chef, Restaurateur, TV Personality
- Mother – His mother was a teacher.
- Siblings – He has 2 older siblings.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ajay has dated –
- Amrita Rebecca Chopra (2006-Present) – Ajay married an entrepreneur named Amrita in April 2006. They have 2 sons together named Akshat and Ashish.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Toothy grin
- Clean-shaven look
Ajay Chopra Facts
- Ajay, born to a Punjabi family based in Lucknow, spent his childhood in multiple cities across northern India.
- After graduating From IHM Goa, he started his career with The Oberoi Cecil, a 5-star hotel in Shimla, the capital and the largest city of the northern Indian hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
- After working there for a couple of years, he joined The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development (OCLD), a hotel management school, to further hone his skills. After graduating from there, his first assignment was at Kandahar, a restaurant of the Oberoi Group in New Delhi.
- He later served as the chef de cuisine at the J.W. Marriot in Mumbai. He then worked with the Mint Leaf chain of restaurants in London as their executive head chef. During his time there, he was voted as one of the best 8 Indian chefs in the city. Therafter, he joined The Westin Mumbai Garden City.
- In 2014, he left that job and started Burgundy Box, a DIY meal kit. By April 2015, he had started his consulting venture, Zion Hospitality.
- He has hosted multiple cooking-based TV shows including High Tea with Ajay Chopra, Northern Flavors, India’s 50 Best Dishes, Veggistan, Chop Chop Chopra, and Mix Masala.
- In 2018, he started a popular series on YouTube called The Big Daddy Chef, a collection of recipe videos that encourage men to cook more at home.
Featured Image by Ajay Chopra / Instagram