|Akpororo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1989|
|Spouse||Josephine Ijeoma Abraham|
Akpororo is a Nigerian stand-up comedian, vocalist, and actor who burst into the limelight after winning AY’s Open Mic Challenge and debuting his live comedy program Akpororo vs Akpororo in 2014. He has also starred in several films including Headgone (2014), his performance having gone on to earn him 3 nominations at the 2015 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards. Akpororo has amassed more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram.
Bowoto Jephthah Oluwatiseyifumi Tanimola
He did his early education in Warri, a city in Delta State in Nigeria. He then went to Lagos State University and studied Sociology.
Stand-up Comedian, Vocalist, Actor
- Siblings – He has a sister.
5 ft 7 in or 170.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Josephine Ijeoma Abraham (2015-Present) – He tied the knot with Josephine Ijeoma Abraham in a wedding ceremony held in Surulere, Lagos State on November 14, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Trimmed mustache and beard
- Cheerful smile
He has promoted several brands including having signed a 2-year endorsement deal with Airtel Nigeria in June 2015.
Akpororo Favorite Things
- Sport – Football
Source – Instagram
- He was raised in Warri, a city in Delta State in Nigeria.
- He had kickstarted his career as a local gospel musician until 2008 when he had gone into the National Comedy Challenge and bagged the Calabar zone of the competition.
- Akpororo has affirmed that his style of comedy has basically comprised of the fusion of secular and church-related jokes. He has added that he has performed and cracked jokes about lunatics as he had once been an attendant to mentally-ill people who visited the church he was attending for spiritual healing.
- Regarding the inspiration for his comic acts on stage, he has revealed that he has just gone on stage and performed. However, most times when his pastor has preached, he has got jokes from him. He has also looked into the state of the nation and created jokes out of it. He has enjoyed freestyling without ever planning it and from his freestyles he has made jokes.
- Akpororo has disclosed that his mother has been his number one fan, whom he has loved the most. He has cherished showering her with gifts including a white Toyota Venza for her 50th birthday. Akpororo has recalled that she had thought her son had purchased a phone for her when the gift was presented to her inside the premises of the church, as Akpororo had gently presented her with a phone case. He had been happily amused when she had opened the casing with the expectation of finding a mobile, only to discover that the case was carrying a car key.
- Akpororo has believed that he has been in the art of making people laugh as he has had great fun doing so. He has been aware of how some come into the industry after being unemployed for a long time, but he has also known that there are many like him who have genuinely chosen this path.
- Akpororo has observed how comedians were never known to be successful in the past and has opined that there came about a change when comedians started being taken seriously. He has felt lucky that nowadays, comedy and music have kept Nigeria alive and people have started believing that health and longevity of life are brought about by wonderful things like comedy.
Featured Image by Akpororo / Instagram