|Alana Blanchard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1990|
Alana Blanchard is an American professional surfer and model known for her successful surfing career and for having won various championships. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Los Cabos Tourism, Malibu Rum, Earth Watch, and FabFitFun. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter. Alana also has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 50k subscribers.
Alana Rene Blanchard
Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii, United States
- Kauai, Hawaii, United States
- The Gold Coast, Australia
There is no information about the school or colleges that Alana Blanchard attended.
Professional Surfer, Model, Swimwear Designer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Holt Blanchard
- Siblings – Byron Blanchard (Older Brother), Dorian Blanchard (Younger Brother)
Alana Blanchard is represented by Alana Blanchard, Inc.
- Rip Curl
- SPY Optic
- Sticky Bumps
- Channel Islands
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alana Blanchard has dated –
- Jack Freestone (2013-Present) – In 2013, Alana started dating Australian pro surfer Jack Freestone. They were attracted to each other from the moment they met in Bali, Indonesia. They stayed in contact and when they met again in Hawaii, they became inseparable. As both were traveling surfers, the distance did not pose any problem for them. Then in June 2017, Alana became pregnant and gave birth to a healthy son, Banks Harvey Freestone on December 1, 2017. The couple lives either in Hawaii or the Gold Coast.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long hair
- Beautiful smile
Alana Blanchard has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Los Cabos Tourism
- Malibu Rum
- Earth Watch
- Villager Goods
- One Ocean Diving
- Surfer Magazine
Best Known For
- Being a talented professional surfer and for winning several championships including The Women’s Pipeline Championships, Hawaii (2007); The Rip Curl Girls Festival Junior Pro, Spain (2007); Cholo’s Women’s Pipeline Pro on the North Shore of Oahu (2007); The Roxy Pro Trials in Haleiwa, Hawaii (2007); The Billabong Pro Pre Trials in Hookipa, Maui (2007); and The Volcom Puffer Fish Surf Series in Pine Trees, Kauai (2007)
- Being an attractive surfer model with more than 2 million followers on Instagram
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut in the biographical film Soul Surfer as a stuntwoman. However, her role in the movie was uncredited.
First TV Show
In 2003, she made her first TV show appearance on the popular series Switched!
Alana Blanchard likes to stay fit and active. Her work out routine includes boxing, Pilates, and yoga. Also, she stays active by going swimming, riding her bike, sprinting upstairs, doing HIIT (high-intensity interval training) exercises, squats, and lunges.
As for her diet, she sticks with a healthy vegan diet that includes loads of organic vegetables and fruits.
Alana Blanchard Favorite Things
- Waves – Hanalei Bay
- Maneuvers – Airs
- Vegan Food – Vegan cookies, vegan pumpkin pies, vegan banana bread
- Pro Surfer – Stephanie Gilmore
Source – Wikipedia, Surfer Today
Alana Blanchard Facts
- She was just 4 years when her father gave her the first surfing lesson at the Hanalei Pier. By 9 years, she started competing and traveling around the world.
- She is a naturally regular-footed surfer.
- She knows Bethany Hamilton personally and was surfing with her when the sharks attacked Bethany.
- Her character in the film Soul Surfer was played by actress Lorraine Nicholson.
- When she was 20, she chose to become vegan just to get skinny but later adopted a healthier approach to her vegan diet.
- She designs Rip Curl swimwear for surfing.
- She wears a lot of sunscreens and drinks a lot of water when she is out on the beach.
- In 2013, she was featured in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.
- In May 2017, with the view to support female talented surfers, she launched the Alana Blanchard Foundation (ABF).
- Visit her official website @ alanablanchard.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Alana Blanchard / Instagram