|Alex Antetokounmpo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alex Antetokounmpo is a Greek professional basketball player who has represented the Raptors 905 (2021-Present) in the NBA (National Basketball Association) G-League, the NBA‘s official minor league basketball organization, as a small forward.
Alexandros Emeka Antetokounmpo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Alex had attended the Dominican High School, a private, Catholic school in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Charles Antetokounmpo (Former Professional Soccer Player) (d. September 2017)
- Mother – Veronica Antetokounmpo (Former High Jumper)
- Siblings – Francis (Andreas) Antetokounmpo (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player), Giannis Antetokounmpo (Older Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Thanasis Antetokounmpo (Older Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Kostas Antetokounmpo (Older Brother) (Professional Basketball Player)
29 – UCAM Murcia
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian (Yoruba, Igbo) descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Side-cropped, afro hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Wears ear studs
Alex Antetokounmpo Facts
- Alex was born in Athens, Greece, to Nigerian parents who had emigrated from Lagos 10 years before his birth. His parents had left their firstborn son, Francis, back in Nigeria.
- In Greece, his family’s name was Romanized to Antetokounmpo from the original Adetokunbo which roughly translates to ‘The Crown has returned from Overseas’.
- He had not received Greek citizenship until September 2021, as the Greek nationality law abides by the principle of jus sanguinis. In June 2013, a Nigerian passport had been granted to him so that he could gain a visa and legally enter the United States. After his older brother, Giannis, had been picked up by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2013 NBA Draft, his family had moved to Milwaukee.
- He had started playing basketball from the age of 9 and had played the sport at Dominican High School for 4 years. In his freshman year, he had averaged 2.9 points per game and had grown by about 12 cm (5 inches) to 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in) by the time he was a sophomore. He was a 2-time all-state selection and had averaged 20 points and 7 rebounds per game in his senior year at high school.
- Owing to his stellar high school performances, he had received scholarship offers from the DePaul University in Chicago; the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio; and the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay in Green Bay, Wisconsin. In May 2020, however, he had announced that he would play in Europe after graduating from high school, rather than playing college basketball.
- In June 2020, he had signed a 3-year contract with UCAM Murcia of the Liga ACB, the top professional basketball division of the Spanish basketball league system. In October 2020, he had made his debut for the club’s reserve team in the Liga EBA, the 4th-tier level in the Spanish basketball league system.
- After going unpicked in the 2021 NBA Draft, he had joined the Sacramento Kings for the 2021 NBA Summer League, an off-season competition organized by the NBA. In October 2021, he had been signed to an Exhibit 10 contract by the Toronto Raptors. However, he was waived the following day and had joined the Raptors 905.
Featured Image by Alex Antetokounmpo / Instagram