|Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is an English professional footballer who has played as a midfielder for Premier League club Liverpool and the England national team. On May 26, 2012, he made his debut for the senior England team in a 1–0 win against Norway in a friendly. He was also included in the England squad for UEFA Euro 2012, becoming the 2nd-youngest player ever to represent England in the European Championships behind Wayne Rooney. Later, he signed for Liverpool in August 2017, winning the UEFA Champions League in 2019 and the Premier League in 2020. He made his debut for the club as a substitute in a 5–0 loss to Manchester City.
Alexander Mark David Oxlade-Chamberlain
Alex, The Ox
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Alex went to independent St John’s College in Southsea, Portsmouth.
He got his soccer education at the famous Southampton Youth Academy, which he had joined at the age of 7.
Professional soccer player
- Father – Mark Chamberlain (Former Stoke City and England International Player)
- Mother – Wendy Oxlade
- Siblings – Christian Chamberlain (Brother) (Football Player)
- Others – Neville Chamberlain (Uncle) (Professional Footballer)
He has been represented by –
- DF Sport Management
- Colossal Sports Management
Winger / Central Midfielder
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has dated –
- Perrie Edwards (2016-Present) – Alex was first linked with singer Perrie Edwards in November 2016 after she was spotted supporting her new boyfriend at the Emirates Stadium in London during Arsenal’s English Premier League fixture. Subsequently, Alex was spotted in the crowd during Little Mix’s performance at The X Factor final. The public confirmation came in the form of a picture of the new couple kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. In May 2021, Perrie announced that the couple was expecting their first child together. On August 21, 2021, the couple welcomed their first child, a son named Axel Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Afro-Jamaican ancestry on his father’s side while he is of English descent on his mother’s side.
- Curly hair
- Freckles on the face
Like every other top soccer star, he has an endorsement deal with sportswear giant, Nike.
In addition, he has appeared in several commercials for his club, Arsenal FC.
Best Known For
Playing as a winger and midfielder for Arsenal and England national teams.
First Soccer Match
On March 2, 2010, he made his professional debut for Southampton FC at 16 years 199 days. He came in as a second-half substitute in a match against Huddersfield Town.
Alex made his Arsenal debut in a damning 8-2 away loss against Manchester United on August 28, 2011. He was sent in for Francis Coquelin at the 62nd minute.
On May 26, 2012, Alex turned out for the first time for his national team against Norway in a 1-0 friendly win.
- Dribbling ability
- Surging runs through the middle
- Physical presence
- Defensive contribution
- Tactical discipline
First TV Show
Apart from sports matches itself, Alex guest appeared in the sports comedy show Play to the Whistle as himself.
While growing up, Chamberlain used to work on building power and strength in his lower body, which has helped him get his famous explosive acceleration. In his game, he also needs endurance along with explosive strength. For this purpose, he does a lot of fartlek running, which involves running hard for 1 minute followed by jogging for 30 seconds.
When it comes to gym sessions, he isn’t a big fan of lifting weights. Instead of strength training, he focuses on core work and doing exercises that help him to prevent injuries. He focuses on strengthening the stabilizing muscles which are key to injury prevention.
He has also changed his diet pattern to give his best on the field. He has stopped eating rice and pasta in the evenings and keeps his carbs consumption to the morning and a little bit after the training sessions. In the evening, he focuses on eating lean meat and vegetables.
Alex Chamberlain Favorite Things
- Soccer Icons – Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola
- Live Music Shows – Drake’s concerts
- Non-Soccer Athlete – Usain Bolt
- Travel Destination – Las Vegas
- Guilty Pleasure – Listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction
- TV Show – Sons of Anarchy (2008-2014)
- Film – Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Dream Job – Singer or rapper
- His best goal – The one scored against Brazil in an international friendly at Macarena.
Alex Chamberlain Facts
- For his tremendous performance in Southampton’s premier league promotion season, he was included in the PFA League One Team of the Year.
- In August 2011, he signed up with Arsenal FC from Southampton in an initial £12 million deal which would rise to £15 million in additional clauses.
- In February 2016, he suffered a serious knee injury in a match against Barcelona in the Champions League. He couldn’t play for the rest of the season and also missed out on Euro 2016 tournament.
- After Wayne Rooney, he was the second nineteen-year-old player to represent England national team at the UEFA Euro competition.
- After his debut season in the premier league, he was one of the nominees for the PFA Young Player of the Year award. He was the youngest player on the list.
- He played rugby in senior school as there was no option to play football. He had to choose from either rugby or cricket.
- He is an ambassador of Heart4MoreFoundation.