|Alexander Siddig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1965|
Alexander Siddig a Sudanese-born English actor who has done quite a ton of roles in his career as an actor but he is most popular for portraying the characters of Dr. Julian in the TV series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Philip Burton in Primeval, the Carthaginian general Hannibal in Hannibal, and King Minos in Atlantis.
Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi
Wad Madani, Gezira, Sudan
He went to St. Lawrence College, Ramsgate. Siddig later attended the London Academy Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) to study acting and is also a graduate of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Others – Sadiq al-Mahdi (Paternal Uncle), Malcolm McDowell (Maternal Uncle), Sayyid al-Saddiq al-Mahdi (Paternal Grandfather), Charles Taylor (Maternal Grandfather), Edna McDowell (Maternal Grandmother), Muhammad Ahmad (Great-Great-Great-Grandfather)
He is represented by –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, United Kingdom
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander Siddig has dated –
- Nana Visitor (1995-2001) – Alexander Siddig got married to actress Nana Visitor in June 1997. They first met on the set of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and began dating in 1995. The former beaus who have a son named Django El Tahir El Siddig (b. September 16, 1996) divorced in 2001.
- Kim Cattrall (2005)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Sudanese ancestry on his father’s side and English ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Bearded Jawline
- Defined Eyelashes
- Thin Lips
Alexander Siddig Facts
- His mother was a theatrical consultant who remarried to film director and producer Michael Birkett.
- He acted alongside his maternal uncle Malcolm McDowell in Neil Marshall’s Doomsday (2008).
- His paternal uncle Sadiq al-Mahdi is the former Sudanese Prime Minister.
- His surname El Fadil was taken from his grandfather. It was adopted as his surname after he moved back to England.
- He was using his shortened name Siddig El Fadil until October 1995 after which he changed his stage name to Alexander Siddig, adding that it was his choice to honor his English heritage from his mother’s side.
- After exiting the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) where he studied acting, he went on to do a season of stage work in Manchester and had also worked as a director in a small theatre situated in London.
- In 1992, he appeared as Prince Feisal in A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia, a sequel to Lawrence of Arabia. His performance in this show caught the attention of Rick Berman who was in the works of the series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999). Siddig originally auditioned for the role of Commander Benjamin Sisko but Berman gave him the role of Dr. Julian Bashin as he was too young for the said role at that time.
- Following Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, he landed on more roles in various TV series and films including Spooks, Kingdom of Heaven, Syriana, 24, Cairo Time, Inescapable, Game of Thrones, and The Spy.
Featured Image by Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0