|Lance Barber Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1973|
Lance Barber is an American actor who rose to fame after appearing in the cult comedy The Comeback (2005-2014) on HBO. He gained further recognition playing the role of George Cooper Senior in the prequel to The Big Bang Theory (2011-2018), Young Sheldon. He has had recurring roles in other hugely popular TV shows such as It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2010-2018) and has also starred in several films including Shades of Ray (2008).
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended Pennfield High School, graduating in 1991. He then went to Kellogg Community College and achieved an associate’s degree.
- Father – His father was an M.P. in the Army.
He is represented by Kazarian/Measures/Ruskin & Associates Inc.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Aliza Barber – He tied the knot with the chef Aliza. They have a son and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Sharp features
- Dimpled smile
- Funny expressions
Lance Barber Favorite Things
- Advice – Family may be difficult but you still work hard and find the love between each other
- Journey Of His Life In 3 Words According To Priority – Father, working actor
Lance Barber Facts
- He was only 1 year old when his father was killed in the line of his duty.
- He started craving to be an actor at the age of 7, after watching a performance of the musical Grease at the Barn Theatre.
- Lance acted at his school as well as at his college. He did a childhood role in the school production of The Hillbillies. Lance worked at the Barn Theatre for a while and after graduating from college, he moved to Chicago where he studied at The Second City and also at the renowned Improv Olympic. He performed a number of times in the Chicago Comedy Festival and co-founded an improv group naming it the G.O.P.
- After becoming an adult, he worked as an actor for the small screen, steadily and without a break and became noted as one of the most hard-working and dedicated artists in his field.
- He spent 5 years with the improvisational comedy enterprise called The Second City.
- He has played 2 different characters in the TV show Gilmore Girls (2001–2006). His first role was that of a man helping to build the stage for a fashion show and his 2nd role was that of an editor of an online magazine. Lance was among the several actors of the show who had insignificant roles before they shot to greater fame.
- In The Comeback, he played the role of the overly aggressive producer of TV reality shows Paulie G opposite Lisa Kudrow.
- Initially, The Comeback had failed to receive attention-grabbing ratings and it got closed after only 1 season. However, the fan base started to grow and in 2014, HBO reprised the show as a result of the huge demand from supporters.
- Lance has attributed his role in The Comeback with his success as an actor stating that although it had not garnered a huge viewership, it had been watched by all the important people in the Hollywood industry who started to offer him more work and new opportunities.
Featured Image by Lance Barber / Instagram