|David Schütter Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|January 1, 1991
David Schütter is a German actor and model who burst into the spotlight with his cinema debut in the feature film Spieltrieb (2013) where he played the lead role of Grüttel. He went on to star in several other movies including Strawberry Bubblegums (2017) in which his phenomenal performance as Pepe fetched him the Günter Strack TV Prize. He has also acted in a number of TV shows such as Großstadtrevier (2013) as Marc Hollmann, 4 Blocks (2018-2019) as Matthias Keil, and the historical war drama series Barbarians where he began to portray the central character of Folkwin Wolfspeer in 2020.
He attended the School for Drama Hamburg from 2009 to 2012, completing his acting training.
- Others – Friedrich Schütter (Grandfather) (Actor, Director)
He is represented by Players Agentur Management GmbH.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
- Moles on his cheeks
- Tall stature
- Plump lips
He has worked as a model with several brands including Levi’s.
David Schütter Favorite Things
- Snack – Nutella that he has eaten with a spoon and has always preferred to finish the entire jar
Source – Just Jared
David Schütter Facts
- He has recalled how when he was in the 3rd Grade, he had dressed up as a prince on the costume day in Germany known as Fasching or Karneval, to make sure he got kissed. However, his idea did not work out. He had appeared as the grandma in the following year only to have again landed with zero kisses.
- David has pointed out that one of the best things that ever happened to him had been the fact that his flat burned down while nobody was hurt, as it had led to many positive changes.
- He has disclosed that after every single filming day of Barbarians, he was so dirty that he could not even see his feet in the bathtub.
- David has realized that during filming Barbarians, he learned many interesting things about the Barbarians that he never knew before.
- He has confessed to being too proud to be able to admit the fact that he cannot handle spicy food even though he will order or try to eat it.
- David has revealed that he has been unable to tie his shoes in the manner grown-ups do and has only done the children’s version without the 2 rabbit ears hugging each other.
- He has an uncle who is only a year older than him and so they have felt like brothers although they have not looked like brothers at all.
- David has stated that he has always had a hard time watching himself on screen as he has been very critical of his performances. If he has seen a film, the shooting of which had happened a long time back during which he had learned a lot again, he ends up discovering his old mistakes and has an uncomfortable time.
- He has been an advocate for women’s rights and has posted a number of images and views on his Instagram account to make it clear where he stands on on the topic.
Featured Image by David Schütter / Instagram