|Alexandra Tydings Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1972|
Alexandra Tydings is an American actress, director, writer, producer, singer, and activist who has acted in several films, theatre plays, and TV series in her storied career. She is most well recognized for her portrayal of the Greek goddess Aphrodite in the TV series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1996-1999) and its spin-off Xena: Warrior Princess (1997-2001). She had also served as the singer and bassist of the punk bands Annabelle Kickbox and She’s Seen You Naked.
Alexandra Huntingdon Tydings
Washington, D.C., United States
Washington, D.C., United States
Alexandra had graduated from the Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C. She then joined Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, from where she graduated in 1993 with a degree in film and critical theory.
Actress, Director, Writer, Producer, Singer, Activist
- Father – Joseph Tydings (Lawyer, Politician, Former Senator) (d. 2018)
- Mother – Terry Lynn Huntingdon (Actress, Beauty Queen, Miss USA 1959 (Winner), Miss Universe 1959 (2nd Runner-Up))
- Others – Virginia “Vicky” Reynolds Campbell (Step-Mother), Millard Tydings (Paternal Grandfather) (Attorney, Author, Soldier, Politician, Former Senator) (d. 1961), Eleanor Davies Tydings (Paternal Grandmother), Paige Crowly (Step-Sister), Mary Campbell Tydings Smith (Half-Sister), Eleanor Davies Tydings (Half-Sister), Emlen Tydings (Half-Sister), Millard E. Tydings, II (Half-Brother), Joseph E. Davies (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Politician, Diplomat, 1st Chairman of the United States’ Federal Trade Commission), Marjorie Merriweather Post (Step-Great Grandmother) (Businesswoman, Socialite, Owner of General Foods, Inc.) (d. 1973), Dina Merrill (Step Aunt) (Actress, Heiress, Socialite, Businesswoman, Philanthropist) (d. 2017)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra has dated –
- Adam Tomei
- Ben Luzzatto (1998-Present) – After her split with Adam, Alexandra got married to American interdisciplinary artist Ben Luzzatto. They have 2 daughters together named Ruby Luzzatto (b. June 17, 2004) and Emerson Luzzatto (b. June 4, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Has a tattoo on her right arm
- Gleaming face
Alexandra Tydings Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Alexandra Tydings Facts
- She is fluent in English, French, and Spanish.
- As a child, she was a keen dancing enthusiast and was trained in Irish dancing. She also used to perform with The Royal Ballet of London at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
- In 2015, she wrote, directed, and starred in a multi-media play titled The Trial of Hanna P*rn which depicted the history of the legal and social struggle for the control of the female body. The film won the ‘Best of Fringe’ award at the Charm City Fringe Festival.
- In 2019, she received the DCCAH (DC Commission on Arts and Humanities) Fellowship, an interdisciplinary award in recognition for her work as a writer, director, and actor.
Featured Image by Alexandra Tydings / Instagram