|Ali Stroker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1987|
Ali Stroker is an American actress and singer who had come into the spotlight in 2012 when she was a finalist on the 2nd season of the reality TV series The Glee Project. The show serves as an audition for the musical comedy-drama TV series Glee where she was invited to play the guest role of Betty Pillsbury in a 2013 episode titled I Do. She has gone on to feature in several regional theatre and Broadway plays portraying characters such as Olive Ostrovsky in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (2011), Anna in Spring Awakening (2015-2016), Star-to-Be in Annie (2018), and Ado Annie Carnes in Oklahoma! (2018-2019). For the last of those performances, she had won a Drama Desk Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical’ and a prestigious Tony Award in the category of ‘Best Featured Actress in a Musical’.
Alyson Mackenzie Stroker
Ali, Wild Child
Ridgewood, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
New York, United States
Ali had attended Ridgewood High School, a comprehensive public school in her hometown of Ridgewood. She was the senior class president there and had starred in several school musicals.
After her high school graduation in 2005, she had joined the Tisch School Of The Arts, the performing, cinematic, and media arts school of New York University, a private research university in New York City. She had graduated from there in 2009 with a degree in Fine Arts, becoming the first wheelchair-bound person to earn a degree from the Tisch School Of The Arts.
- Father – James D. ‘Jim’ Stroker
- Mother – JoAnne ‘Jody’ Schleicher
- Siblings – Jake Stroker (Older Brother), Tory Stroker (Younger Sister)
- Others – Jack Eldridge Stroker (Paternal Grandfather), Virginia M. ‘Ginny’ Barry (Paternal Grandmother), Scott Rae Schleicher (Maternal Grandfather)
She is represented by –
- KMR Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States
- Schachter Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
Ali Stroker’s net worth had been $1 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Ali has dated –
- Dani Shay (2012)
- David Perlow (2015-Present) – Ali had started dating theater director and actor David Perlow in 2015. They are the founding directors of ATTENTIONTheatre and had attended the 2019 Tony Awards together.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, German, Swiss-German, and Scottish descent.
- Neck-length, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Radiant face
Ali Stroker Facts
- She was involved in a serious car accident at the age of 2 where she had suffered a spinal cord injury that had left her paralyzed from the chest down.
- She holds the record of being the first actress who uses a wheelchair for mobility to appear on a Broadway stage play and to be nominated for and win a Tony Award.
- An accomplished singer, Ali is a Mezzo-Soprano but she creates her own unorthodox singing techniques because her paralysis does not allow her to make normal use of the diaphragm and stomach.
- She is a competent swimmer as well and also holds a national record in wheelchair racing.
Featured Image by Ali Stroker / Instagram