|Ali Zafar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 18, 1980|
Ali Zafar is one of Asia’s multitalented faces. He started his career as a musician and his first single Channo was a smashing hit. So did his first album. Originally from Pakistan, he made his Bollywood debut in 2010 through the theatrical film ‘Tere Bin Laden’ which did very well at the box office and made him a famous name in India as well. Apart from music and acting, the actor is an accomplished artist as well. He, in fact, used to paint live portraits of people for extra money to pay for his music. He is active on social media and has over 3 million followers on Instagram, 2+ million followers on Twitter and more than 5 million followers on Facebook.
Ali Mohammad Zafar
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Ali Zafar’s early education took place in C.A.A. Public School, Lahore till 5th grade. After that, he took admission in Beaconhouse School and completed the rest of his schooling from there.
He went on to study further from the Government College of Lahore and completed F.A. in Arts in 1998. He then got enrolled into The National College of Arts, Lahore, and graduated with the honors degree in 2002.
Actor, Singer, Musician, Artist, Humanitarian
- Father – Mohammad Zafarullah (Professor)
- Mother – Kanwal Ameen (Librarian)
- Siblings – Zain Zafar (Brother) (Singer, Actor), Danyal Zafar (Brother) (Model)
Ali is managed by
- Taha Sadaqat (Business Manager)
- Rizwan R Khan of The One Lotus Agency
Pop, Sufi, Electronica
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboard
Lightingale, Coke Studio, Pan Rhythm, Empire Music, Universal Music, Fire, Frankfinn Entertainment, YRF Music, Sony Music, T-Series
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ali Zafar has dated –
- Ayesha Fazli (2009-Present) – Ali Zafar is married to Ayesha Fazli. They first met when they were teenagers and Ali used to paint live portraits in a hotel lobby. Ayesha came to him to get her sketch done and that was the time, Ali fell in love with her. The couple were together for a long time and finally tied the knot on July 28, 2009, in Lahore, Pakistan. They have a son named Azaan and a daughter named Alyza.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pakistani descent.
Ali Zafar has appeared in these commercials in Pakistan –
Close-Up (Toothpaste), Telenor Pakistan, Tarang Tea Whitener, Pepsi, Lipton, Lay’s, Mobilink, LG Mobile KG195, Nokia, QMobile, Sunlight Washing Powder, Sprite (Drink), Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace, Yamaha YBR125, Nestlé Fruita Vitals
In India, he was seen in Close-Up (Toothpaste) and Dabur OxyLife Men Bleach Crème commercials.
Best Known For
- His first single ‘Channo’ which was released in Pakistan
- He made his name in India after his Bollywood debut with ‘Tere Bin Laden’ in India
Ali Zafar made his music album debut through the album Huqa Pani in 2003. His first single was Channo (2003).
Ali Zafar made his Bollywood debut in 2010, through Tere Bin Laden.
His first appearance in a Pakistani film was in Lahore Se Aagey in 2016.
First TV Show
Ali Zafar’s first TV show appearance was in a Pakistani show Kollege Jeans in 1999.
Ali does not have a particular fitness trainer. He himself likes to plan his workout routine. He focuses proportionately on his entire body workout as he feels that focusing on one part more makes the body look disproportionate.
His workout regime includes Hypertrophy Training with cardio. This method is based on psychological principles of muscular hypertrophy and is designed to induce growth of whole body muscles.
Ali Zafar Favorite Things
- Singers – Jeff Buckley, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Kishore Kumar, Mehdi Hassan, Abida Parveen, Bade Ghulam Ali, Lataji, Jimmy Page, Sting
- Musical Instrument – Sarangi
- Cricketers – Imran Khan, Viv Richards, Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Akram
- Singing Idols – Roger Waters, David Gilmour
- Books – Conversations with God, A Case of Exploding Mangoes and Scar Tissue
- City – New York
Source – Tribune, Hindustan Times, SiddySays.com
Ali Zafar Facts
- Ali has always been so good at sketching. In fact, he once sketched a comic when he was merely 8 years old.
- His first earning was Rs 20 by selling a Ninja Turtle poster that he made in the 6th grade.
- In the early days of his career, he used to paint live portraits in a lobby of Pearl Continental Hotel to get some extra income to pursue his musical dreams.
- Ali even met his wife Ayesha Fazli for the first time in these live painting sessions.
- The first advertisement he did was for “Tallo Ghee” at the age of 18 years.
- Ali’s film debut not only did well at the box office but it also made him the first Pakistani actor to be nominated for any Indian award. He was nominated in the ‘Best Debut Actor’ category in IIFA, Zee Cine, Filmfare, and Star Screen in 2011.
- He also became the first Pakistani at The Indian Film Festival in Australia in March 2011, for the screening of Tere Bin Laden.
- Though his first movie did well in the South Asian and Middle Eastern countries, it suffered controversies in his home country Pakistan and failed to pass the censor there.
- One of his tracks “Dekha” has been featured in the Hollywood movie Wall Street 2 that made him the 5th Pakistani singer to have his song featured internationally.
- In 2013, Ali Zafar was a part of The Temptations Reloaded concert in Muscat, Oman alongside stars like Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, and Preity Zinta.
- He was named ‘The Sexiest Asian Man on the Planet’ by the British newspaper Eastern Eye on two occasions, in 2013 and 2014.
- In his free time, he likes to pen down his thoughts.
- His favorite hobby is gardening.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and his fitness idol is Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar.
- Ali Zafar is also related to Aamir Khan through his marriage. Apparently, Aamir Khan’s mother and Ayesha Fazli’s father have a common cousin. Ali, in fact, pointed it out to Aamir who was shocked at this information.
- In April 2018, singer Meesha Shafi accused Ali Zafar of sexually harassing her. Later Ali filed a defamation lawsuit against her.
- For all his latest news, he can also be tracked on his official site @ alizafar.net.
- Connect with Ali on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Ali Zafar / Instagram