|Alice Englert Quick Info
|5 ft 5¾ in
|Date of Birth
|June 15, 1994
Alice Englert is an Australian actress, director, writer and composer who is well known for having played the roles of Rosa in the film Ginger & Rosa (2012), and of Lena Duchannes in the movie Beautiful Creatures (2013). She gained further recognition after portraying the character of Lady Emma Pole in the television show Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (2015). She has been the director, writer as well as the composer for a number of movies like the short film The Boyfriend Game (2015). She has compiled numerous titles including that of the “Best Achievement in Screenplay” at the St. Kilda Film Festival in 2017.
Alice Allegra Englert
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
She went to schools in New York City, London, New Zealand, Rome and Australia, including Sibford School that is a boarding school in Oxfordshire in England. She left high school in order to pursue her acting career.
Actress, Director, Writer, Composer
- Father – Colin David Englert (Oscar-nominated Director & Filmmaker)
- Mother – Jane Campion (Oscar-winning Screenwriter, Producer & Director)
- Siblings – Jasper Englert (Brother), Gabriel Englert (Brother)
She is represented by Hamilton Hodell.
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish, English, and German descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Moles on her neck
- Thick eyebrows
Alice Englert Favorite Things
- Ideal Valentine’s Day Date Flick – A fun movie such as Some Like It Hot or a film by director Billy Wilder
- How She Spent Her First Paycheck Ever – Bought a camera
- If She Had Supernatural Powers, She Would Like To – Fly
Source – MTV
Alice Englert Facts
- She was brought up in Sydney and on locations depending on where her mother’s work took the family and she has stated that she spent a lot of time on planes.
- When she was 7 years old, her parents divorced and she debuted in films at the age of 8 with Listen. When she was 12 years old, she appeared in her mother’s short film The Water Diary (2006).
- A poet and singer, Englert wrote the song Needle and Thread that was used in the teen romance film Beautiful Creatures. She has revealed that she had recorded the number in the bathroom of the apartment that she was living in, in the warehouse district of New Orleans.
- In the film Beautiful Creatures, she had to put on Southern accents and she found it the hardest to say the word “anybody”.
- Englert was featured in the epic romance time travel adventure movie The Lovers (2013) and the film got showcased at the Cannes Film Festival in 2012.
Featured Image by Princi / Instagram