|Alice Krige Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|June 28, 1954
Alice Krige is a South African actress and producer who is best known for her portrayal of Borg Queen in Star Trek: First Contact, Eir in Thor: The Dark World, Mary Brady in Sleepwalkers, and Sybil Gordon in Chariots of Fire.
Alice Maud Krige
Upington, Northern Cape Province, South Africa
Initially, she enrolled at Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa to pursue a degree in Clinical Psychology. However, she went on to attain a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Arts Hons degree.
She was also presented with an Honorary in Doctor of Letters from Rhodes University in April 2004.
Alice also attended The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
- Father – Louis Krige (Physician)
- Mother – Patricia (Professor)
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers.
Alice is represented by McKeon/Myones Entertainment and BRS/Gage Talent Agency in the United States, and Diamond Management in the United Kingdom.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alice has dated –
- Paul Schoolman (1988-Present) – Alice married director Paul Schoolman in 1988.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Dutch, German, French Huguenot, Belgian, and distant Swiss-German ancestry on her father’s side and English and distant Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Deep husky but smooth voice
- High cheekbones
Alice Krige Favorite Things
- Book – Awakening to the Tao by Liu I-Ming
- TV Show – Fawlty Towers (1975)
- Film – Tales from the Gimli Hospital by Guy Maddin
- Album – Wild Honey Dreaming by Matthew Doyle and Riley Lee
Source – IGN
Alice Krige Facts
- Her mother Patricia was a professor of psychology and her father was a physician. One of Alice’s brothers followed in the footsteps of her father and the other became a professor of surgery.
- As a child, she did not have a television to watch due to which she had no ambition to pursue acting as a full-time career. However, she did want to be in the performing arts but as a dancer.
- She spent part of her younger years in Port Elizabeth.
- Alice made her debut feature film appearance as Welma de Villiers by Vergeet My Nie in 1976. Later, in 1980, Alice made her first TV show appearance as Emily in BBC2 Playhouse.
- Alice was on the receiving end of the Special Jury Award at the International Film Festival for Peace, Inspiration, and Equality that was held in Jakarta.
Featured Image By ian.mcrob / Flickr / CC BY 2.0