|Allan Russell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1980|
Allan Russell is a Scottish professional soccer coach and former professional soccer player who represented, as a midfielder/forward, Hibernian F.C. (1997-1999), Hamilton Academical F.C. (1999-2003), St Mirren F.C. (2003-2005), Partick Thistle F.C. (2007), Airdrieonians F.C. (2007-2008), and Kilmarnock F.C. (2008-2010) in Scotland; Macclesfield Town F.C. (2005), Mansfield Town F.C. (2005-2006), and Forest Green Rovers F.C. (2006-2007) in England; and North Carolina FC (2010-2011) and Orange County SC (2012-2014) in the United States. Post-retirement, Allan took to coaching and served as the attacking coach for the English men’s national soccer team (2017-2021); the assistant coach for the Scottish professional soccer club Aberdeen F.C. (2021-2022); the set-piece coach for the English professional soccer club Norwich City F.C. (2022-Present); and the caretaker coach for Norwich City F.C. (2022). Allan is the founder of Superior Striker, an elite attacking-specific soccer training program.
Allan John Russell
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Professional Soccer Coach, Professional Soccer Player (Retired)
- Siblings – Simon Russell (Younger Brother)
- 9 – Kilmarnock F.C.
- 11 – North Carolina FC
- 9, 4, 7 – Orange County SC
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Allan has dated –
- Jana Kramer (2022-Present) – In January 2023, American singer, actress, dancer, and writer Jana Kramer revealed that she had a boyfriend who lived in England. Later that month, she confirmed that the mystery man was Allan. The relationship started in 2022 and she visited England in December 2022 to spend the holidays with Allan.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Slightly overgrown, side-parted, wavy hair
- Often sports a thin beard or a light stubble
Allan Russell Facts
- Allan started his youth career in 1990 when, as a 10-year-old, he joined the Scottish professional soccer club Rangers F.C. It is the 4th-oldest soccer club in Scotland and the country’s most successful.
- He stayed there until 1997 after which his senior career began with Hibernian F.C., a professional soccer club based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In May 2008, for his performances with Airdrieonians F.C., Allan was named the ‘Player of the Year’ in the Scottish Football League Second Division (the third tier of the Scottish soccer league system between 1975 and 2013). He had scored 28 goals for the team across all competitions in a record-breaking season.
- During his stint with North Carolina FC (2010-2011) (then known as the Carolina RailHawks), he won the North American Soccer League (a now-defunct competition that served as a Division II league in the United States soccer league system) championship in both 2010 and 2011.
- In March 2017, Allan joined the English men’s national soccer team as their attacking coach. During the 2018 edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup, he earned a lot of acclaim for his work on the English team’s attacking set pieces. The team eventually finished in 4th place, their best performance in the tournament since 1990.
- Allan was appointed the assistant coach for the Scottish professional soccer club Aberdeen F.C. in April 2021. He initially juggled this role with his duties for the English men’s national soccer team but resigned from his position with England about a month later. This was after he admitted to allowing his younger brother, Simon, to drive his car while uninsured.
- He is the co-founder of Roam Foods, a brand of nitrate-free meat (sourced from grass-fed animals) snacks.
Featured Image by Allan Russell / Twitter