|Joseph Gatt Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Joseph Gatt is an English actor and voice actor whose film credits include Thor, Star Trek Into Darkness, Dumbo, Titanic 666, The Retaliators, For All Eyes Always, 3 Hours Until Dead, Liberty, Jason and the Argonauts, I Am Singh, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Plunkett & Macleane, The Most Dangerous Game, and Espionage Tonight. Joseph Gatt has also been cast in a variety of shows such as Strike Back, Teen Wolf, Game of Thrones, The 100, Breaking In, Banshee, Stan Lee‘s Lucky Man, NCIS: New Orleans, True Detective, Z Nation, Easy to Assemble, Chuck, Wonder Woman, Real Rob, and Ray Donovan.
Notting Hill, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Joseph Gatt received acting training at Sylvia Young Theatre School in Marble Arch, London. After that, he attended the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts and graduated with a bachelor’s degree.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Godwin Gatt
- Mother – Maria Aquilina
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Gatt has dated –
- Mercy Malick (2009-Present) – He started dating Mercy Malick in the year 2009. He once said, “When I first met my girlfriend, Mercy Malick, she asked me if there was anything I should tell her that could put her off me if she found out later. So I told her that I was a total ‘Star Wars’ geek and had boxes of ‘Star Wars’ toys in storage.”
Race / Ethnicity
Joseph Gatt is of Maltese descent.
Has no body hair due to alopecia universalis
He was cast in a TV commercial for General Electric in 2013.
Joseph Gatt Facts
- He was born to Maltese immigrant parents.
- Joseph Gatt discovered he was color blind when he was in his younger years. This situation prevented him from fulfilling his dream of joining the Royal Air Force and becoming a fighter pilot.
- When he was 12 years old, he was diagnosed with alopecia universalis (a medical condition involving the loss of all body hair, including eyebrows, eyelashes, chest hair, armpit hair, and pubic hair). He has stated that the stress of the news that he was color blind also served as a possible trigger for his alopecia universalis. By the time he was 14 years of age, he had lost all of his hair.
- He was cast as Frost Giant Grundroth in the 2011 superhero film Thor, starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Colm Feore, Ray Stevenson, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings, Rene Russo, and Anthony Hopkins.
- In 2014, Joseph Gatt brought to life the character of Thenn Warg in the fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones.
- He co-starred as “The Man” in the post-apocalyptic action horror television series Nation in 2016.
- Joseph Gatt appeared as Neils Skellig (a South African hunter and Vandevere’s right-hand man) in the 2019 fantasy period adventure film Dumbo, a live-action adaptation and reimagining of Walt Disney‘s 1941 animated film of the same name.
- He was arrested by the LAPD on April 6, 2022, for allegedly having s*xually explicit online chats with a minor. Joseph Gatt was arrested after the LAPD served him a search warrant and searched his Beverly Grove home. He was released the same day on $5,000 bail.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0